2012 Ram 1500 6.4L swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well im done trying to find a good 6.4L thats not overpriced.

Next logical step is https://www.on3performance.com/

Price is good, Will get me those couple extra HP I want and ends cheaper to boot.

:cool::peace::anitoof:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well im done trying to find a good 6.4L thats not overpriced.

Next logical step is https://www.on3performance.com/

Price is good, Will get me those couple extra HP I want and ends cheaper to boot.

:cool::peace::anitoof:
You could probably buy a brand new SRT 6.4 from the dealer or have one shipped up from MMX for probably what On3's Turbo set-up will set you back in Canada. It's easier to tune,and has a 3 year warrenty. Sextone is 3 years into his turbo build,and it's still not really running right,Kurtis Holland has went through 3 high dollar boosted builds on his truck,and it might run this summer,it's only been 5 years since he started down the boosted build path,and he hasn't put more then maybe 2,000 clics on it,but he's gone through 3 builds,and you don't have anywhere near the money to spend as he does,and he hasn't cheaped out on any of the 3 builds,he admits to having spent well over a $100,000 Canuck on the last 3 builds.I think your nuts to put boost to a bush buggy,but thats only my 02

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also forgot about the torque storm. Thats probbaly an even better choice at this point and ends up cheaper.

I just priced it all out again yesterday, im just over 10K for a 6.4L swap . the crate engine is literally 9K now.

Ill be able to sell my 6.4L intake and recoupe almost 1K

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I also forgot about the torque storm. Thats probbaly an even better choice at this point and ends up cheaper.

I just priced it all out again yesterday, im just over 10K for a 6.4L swap . the crate engine is literally 9K now.

Ill be able to sell my 6.4L intake and recoupe almost 1K
Don't forget any boosted build is gonna add at least another 100 lbs to the front end,and when the front tires are a foot or more in the air,that extra 100+ lbs is gonna put a bigger hurt on all the front end components when it touches back down,and knowing you,i foresee it having air under the tires a few times a year,lol

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flyin' Ryan just got back to me. TorqStorm it is.

Im removing my 40Lbs winch mount plate when installing the new bumper, Cassis Unlimited also claims their bumper is lighter then factory. I also Pushed my bills up to 2.0 last week, so hopefully it wont add to much sag up front...lol...

Will start a new thread once my 8 speed swap is done.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Im removing my 40Lbs winch mount plate when installing the new bumper, Cassis Unlimited also claims their bumper is lighter then factory. I also Pushed my bills up to 2.0 last week, so hopefully it wont add to much sag up front...lol...

What's the price on the Torque Storm with the added intercooler and all the plumbing for it.Last time i checked there wasn't a hell'va lot of differance between it and the Pro Charger once you factored in the added cost of the inter cooler and plumbing for the Torque Storm,that comes with the Pro Charger

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

There's a 6.4 BGE for sale on Berta Rams Ian.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not buying someone old used junk for that price...lol.

Building an engine with used pistons is enough for me to assume he was also to cheap to get it hot dipped and checked over before building it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If the blocks clean,and the cam bearings look okay,there's not much need to dip it. As soon as you dip it,you're replacing the cam bearings.He is on the high side i'll admit,considering i've bought 5 warrentied 6.4's from the local dealer for a 1,000 bucks each. I should of kept the last one,as all it had was a bad pushrod and that was it,but a buddy wanted it,so it went in his truck.With a custom FRP cam,and Ryan tuning it and a 150 shot of nitrous, he proceeded to run high 11's with it,and kick my trucks ass.I still kick my rear for selling that one,aarrgghh,lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Don't forget about Nick,he might be worth talking to,and he's semi local.