2012 ram UCA fitment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if 2024 ram 1500 UCA’s will fit a 2012 ram 1500? Does 4x4 matter on fit?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If the part for the 2024 is a classic, it might. Contact Benny at All Mopar Parts in vendor section for help ordering.

OP
OP
P

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They came off a 2024 slt 4x4. Couple guys said it would fit, couple said no. Guy only wants 100$ for the pair. May gamble it and see if they will fit.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They came off a 2024 slt 4x4. Couple guys said it would fit, couple said no. Guy only wants 100$ for the pair. May gamble it and see if they will fit.

Like Tron67j stated above, it may depend on the 2024 being a “classic” or a true 5th gen truck. The “classic” is actually a 4th generation truck so the UCAs may fit a 2012. If it’s a true 5th generation truck that has the new body style probably less of a chance that they will fit.

Also $100 isn’t a great deal. The 4th gen upper control arms aren’t all that great. You can get better aftermarket UCAs like Mevotechs for a few dollars more.

OP
OP
P

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gotya. Its a true 5th gen that they came off of, not a classic. Hell all these aftermarket parts are china made. Read nothing but bad reviews on all of them in my price range. Guy might let them go for 50$. If they fit, it will get me down the road a little longer. Mine are shot and i dont have money to drop 350$ on uca’s.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gotya. Its a true 5th gen that they came off of, not a classic. Hell all these aftermarket parts are china made. Read nothing but bad reviews on all of them in my price range. Guy might let them go for 50$. If they fit, it will get me down the road a little longer. Mine are shot and i dont have money to drop 350$ on uca’s.

So I looked into the Mevotech UCAs that I have on my 2018. Mevotech shows the UCA from 2009-2018 are the same so a true 5th gen truck UCA will not work on your 2012.

I completely understand the reluctance to purchase the cheap import parts as I’ve had a fair share of substandard ones myself. That said I can vouch for the Mevotechs. They are not American made but they are of very good quality. I’ve been using them for 5 years with no issues. They are forged steel unlike the OEM ones and the ball joints are replaceable. They are about $65 each online with free shipping.

OP
OP
P

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Ive been reading for 3 days and have found many say they will and many say they wont. Looking at the part specs and looking at the dimensions, theres a big difference. So apparently they wont. Ill try the mevos. Everything in that price range all have the same mixed reviews. I’ll probably just go with the mevo’s and be done.

OP
OP
P

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Ive been reading for 3 days and have found many say they will and many say they wont. Looking at the part specs and looking at the dimensions, theres a big difference. So apparently they wont. Ill try the mevos. Everything in that price range all have the same mixed reviews. I’ll probably just go with the mevo’s and be done

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Ive been reading for 3 days and have found many say they will and many say they wont. Looking at the part specs and looking at the dimensions, theres a big difference. So apparently they wont. Ill try the mevos. Everything in that price range all have the same mixed reviews. I’ll probably just go with the mevo’s and be done.

Yeah that’s the same thing I found. The 5th gens won’t fit a gen 3 or 4. I’ve been happy with the Mevotechs. They were recommended to me by other posters on this forum and I’m happy with them. They are noticeably better made than the OEM and the replaceable ball joint is a big plus. The ones I purchased had “manufactured in Czech Republic” on the box.

OP
OP
P

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably what im gonna go with. Ive read constantly that mevo ucas are garbage. But everything in that price range are all the same. Im not lifted and im on the highway 90% of the time. I think the mevks would be just fine.