2012 with Low Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

messyj800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey everyone!!
I am thinking of purchasing a 2012 2500 diesel. It has 70k on the odometer (I was surprised to find a 2012 with less than 100k)... I was wondering what I can expect reliability wise?
Thanks so much!!

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Stock, there are some issues that can creep up sometimes. Modified, very reliable, no worries.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Stock, there are some issues that can creep up sometimes. Modified, very reliable, no worries.
I think you have that backwards. There are millions upon millions of these trucks out there that are 100% stock that have had ZERO problems.
I've lost track of how many threads start with " my truck is deleted and tuned" and I'm having such and such problems.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You should check out Cumminsforum, how many DPF’s have plugged, how many EGR’s got stuck open and the list goes on. I do agree that there lots of trucks that are stock and haven’t had issues. Just the same as when the emissions systems need to have an “update” and finally work better or those that are out of warranty and the dealer says $$$$$$ to fix. Yeah, dropping that amount coin gets people thinking.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Actually I do frequent the Cummins forum and there are very few that have those problems.
The "problems" that these trucks have are greatly exaggerated.
Many people go to the forums to complain about the problems they are having, very few go there to tell us how great their trucks are.
You are free to believe what you want. Carry on.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i got my 2012 with 97k on it back in july. Just make sure the head gasket is good, check for leaks anywhere, and drive it. I've put almost 20k on mine since i got it. Had a heater core hose spring a leak on me, but that's about it.

make sure the fuel filter and CCV filter are changed prior to getting it