2013 8 speed swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randy koehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any info if this is possible? I have a 2013 6 speed, and they made 2013 8 speeds. I can get a 8 speed trans, drive shafts, switches, tcase, and pcm for like 1800. Would it even work or is it a waste of time? I cannot find any info, and maybe for good reason? But if everything is from identical years would it be possible?

OP
OP
R

randy koehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would you happen to have any info or links that could help me into the right direction?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You’ll still need wiring,shifter, manual release cable and lever, trans cooler lines.

Sure it’s possible, I haven’t seen anyone actually do it yet. There may be people who have, but it would be a lot of work.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a lot of work but possible! MMX IS doing a hp75 swap in my '13 with a Hellcat engine. Hellraiser transmission could help also. If you're gonna do it, 3rd gen 8hp75 or 2nd gen hp70. What interest me most is the hp95. If you're in it, then go all the way.

If that's not viable option, true street performance can do a NAG1 swap for $15000-20000. The only nag1 swap that will handle 600+rwtq with our weight and a whipple and survive is Paramounts super pro series. The rest of us keep spare transmissions.

If you can get your hands on all those parts for $1800, you're ahead of the game. Go for it but you'll need a shop. It's 1st gen hp70. Have it built for a couple more $$$.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

randy koehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay Thanks guys, I'm gonna continue getting the rest of the parts and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
R

randy koehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with Russell he said he could definitely make it work, he also said he feels my better option would be to make it like factory since 2013s came with the 8 speed. I'll check out Axis Industries, see if they can give me some tips on getting it done.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I spoke with Russell he said he could definitely make it work, he also said he feels my better option would be to make it like factory since 2013s came with the 8 speed. I'll check out Axis Industries, see if they can give me some tips on getting it done.

There's a guy in Edmonton AB who did that swap into a 12,but he bought a wrecked truck and transferred everything right down to the dash/steering column and all the underhood and interior wiring into the 12.I think it's been done a little easier then that way,but it's one option to think about.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a guy in Edmonton AB who did that swap into a 12,but he bought a wrecked truck and transferred everything right down to the dash/steering column and all the underhood and interior wiring into the 12.I think it's been done a little easier then that way,but it's one option to think about.

'12 have some minor differences with sensors and ABS than '13 from what I understand. He did the right thing.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
'12 have some minor differences with sensors and ABS than '13 from what I understand. He did the right thing.
Whole bunch of wiring differences between a 12 and 13 to,lol.I just threw that option at him,as another one to think about if he can find a totalled 8 sp truck cheap enough.He's gonna want the steering column and steering wheel as well,to get the proper clock spring to run the factory buttons on the steering wheel.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wow lots and lots of work hope it goes well you might need the rotatory shift and then the center console to complete it