2013 dodge ram fuel tank removal and reassembly for fuel tank strap + mount kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

presto709

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

So my 2013 dodge ram fuel tank strap snapped off of the mount due to corrosion. I found out online that its covered under a warranty extension for rams 2009-2018. I brought it to the local dealer, mentioned the warranty extension and they booked me an apt to replace it under warranty. Fast forward to my apt day, they didn't even have my truck for an hour, called me and said the following:

"Hi, there are 2 parts seized to the fuel tank area that will have to be replaced in order for us to do the fuel tank mount + strap recall. We would need a Fill Tube and a Vent tube which would cost you $468 CAD + tax. The parts need to be ordered. Would you like us to proceed."

My question to you guys, hopefully someone who is familiar with the repair or with removing and installing a fuel tank ( you need to remove it to install the new mount kit) is: does this sound like parts that would be seized or need to be replaced in order to remove and replace my fuel tank ? I looked at the TSA for the installation of my new mount kit and it doesn't mention any of these parts in the process of removing the fuel tank. I also watched a youtube video on replacing a fuel tank on a ram and I don't see anything in the video that could possibly be seized or cause an issue in the tank replacement.

Any time i've brought my truck to this dealer for a recall or warranty work they always seem to find something thats not under warranty or under the recall that need to be replaced which I find strange. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
it depends a lot on just how much rust your truck has up in that area.
if they have to do grinding & welding, that can't be done with the tank in place

here is a video that shows what is involved, it is an earlier Ram with the same rust

gchase65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dropped mine 2 16MM nuts and remove a few hoses and the entire tank drops.