2013 Hemi truck engine fan question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 ram Hemi haven had a chance to look yet as got truck 6 weeks ago.

Question is the engine fan is it a clutch fan or electric fan?

If a clutch fan is it heavy duty or regular when truck new?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2013 ram Hemi haven had a chance to look yet as got truck 6 weeks ago.

Question is the engine fan is it a clutch fan or electric fan?

If a clutch fan is it heavy duty or regular when truck new?

You have both an electric fan and a clutch fan already on the truck.Look inside the shroud ahead of the clutch fan,you'll see the electric fan.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The electric fan is for the AC Condenser.

I personally havent done this yet, but I plan to eventually. Some performance seekers will remove the clutch fan and electric fan assembly and add a 09-11 V6 electric fan thats plug and play if you have the connector. Will definitely let the engine run smoother.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The electric fan is for the AC Condenser.

I personally havent done this yet, but I plan to eventually. Some performance seekers will remove the clutch fan and electric fan assembly and add a 09-11 V6 electric fan thats plug and play if you have the connector. Will definitely let the engine run smoother.

Then there's a lot of us that just run the original stock e-fan with no shroud or shutters with the fan settings adjusted in the tune,and have no issues.If you're planning on doing the clutch fan delete,i'd try it first with the OEM e-fan,if it doesn't cool like you want,then buy the V-6 fan.I know of a couple guys in Louisana who tow small trailers with their trucks,getting away with just the stock E-fan.I've raced my truck through the mountains at 95F running between 4,000 to 6,500 rpm in 3rd and 4th gears for over 20 miles,never had the coolant temp get over 195,oil temps were another story though,lol.Yes I have a fairly good sized cam in my truck if you're questioning the rpm numbers,lol

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking for a heavy duty clutch fan. do the hemis come with HD clutch fan.
Would anyone know what the part # is for a heavy duty fan would be.

2013 hemi big horn

thanks

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then there's a lot of us that just run the original stock e-fan with no shroud or shutters with the fan settings adjusted in the tune,and have no issues.If you're planning on doing the clutch fan delete,i'd try it first with the OEM e-fan,if it doesn't cool like you want,then buy the V-6 fan.I know of a couple guys in Louisana who tow small trailers with their trucks,getting away with just the stock E-fan.I've raced my truck through the mountains at 95F running between 4,000 to 6,500 rpm in 3rd and 4th gears for over 20 miles,never had the coolant temp get over 195,oil temps were another story though,lol.Yes I have a fairly good sized cam in my truck if you're questioning the rpm numbers,lol

Okay yeah definitely! I thought I saw somewhere in a post where many people were over heating. I didn't know there were a lot of success stories! Thats a easy gain there!

I was looking for a heavy duty clutch fan. do the hemis come with HD clutch fan.
Would anyone know what the part # is for a heavy duty fan would be.

2013 hemi big horn

thanks

I believe the fan clutch that comes stock would be just fine. A quick search at summit racing I found "Heavy Duty" or "Severe Duty" fan clutches, but im sure stock would be just as good. But I don't have as much experience as most people on here so im sure someone will have a better answer.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking for the heavy duty part # as I will be plowing with truck this coming winter,I had one on my 04 ram. I needed it as the truck would run warm when plowing so I thought putting one on now before the winter shows up here in Boston

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Okay yeah definitely! I thought I saw somewhere in a post where many people were over heating. I didn't know there were a lot of success stories! Thats a easy gain there!

There's more success stories then there are fail stories.There's about a 1/2 dozen guys on here who claim you need the V6 fan,and they're a vocal bunch of guys,who'll convince you that you need the V6 fan,while there's a ton of us who are just running the stock e-fan and having no issues.I'm not a fan of spending money unless it's needed,so i'd try it with the OEM e-fan first,if it doesn't pan out for you,then spend the money for the V6 fan.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im looking for the heavy duty part # as I will be plowing with truck this coming winter,I had one on my 04 ram. I needed it as the truck would run warm when plowing so I thought putting one on now before the winter shows up here in Boston

It's a pretty beefy fan clutch and the fan shrouding is substantial. For an OE setup it's pretty stout for what you want to do. For you the best upgrade would be to change the thermostat from the factory 204 to a 190 or 180.

On mine, I did pull the fan clutch off and change to a 190 stat. The AC fan works ok even with the shutters still on. Engine is smoother and better throttle response.

I haven't towed with it yet but would feel better with the 3.7 V6 e fan to replace the Hemi AC e fan as it's a little bigger and shrouded.