2013 Power Wagon Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
About 6 months ago, my 2013 Power Wagon ate a 2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4.
The guy swerved into my truck as he merged onto the freeway.
My truck just got a few scratches and some small dents.
His truck was F-d up!

The top mount and the seal for my passenger side headlight are broken.
There is a lot of moisture in the headlight now......I didn't notice it until the snow melted recently.

I was planning on replacing the bulbs with something that actually puts out some light, but now I need a headlight as well.

I don't have a ton of money right now, but I definitely want to upgrade the stock bulbs.
I have the Projector headlights.

What is a good (Best Bang for the Buck) solution for new bulbs and a replacement headlight?

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know that the Morimoto lights are a big favorite, but $1,300 for a set of headlights is a lot of dough!

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Price out a used stock projector replacement for the broken side, then throw in a Morimoto HID kit, best output you're going to get from the stock projectors.

Otherwise you have the Morimoto complete led headlights you noted, then the Alpharex Nova LEDs that seems great but have a decent amount of reviews that the light is all foreground and not as useful, then the cheaper Alpharexs that you would have to pay for an HID kit anyways.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks

Would I need:
Anti-Flicker Links
Housing Cap Extensions

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe and likely no for HIDs, I used a relay harness and resistors and it all works great, but you'd be better off asking that question to Morimoto or Headlight Revolution or The Retrofit Source (I think they're all the same company really).

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also not to try and sway your purchase, but all 3 of those sites are having a 10% off sale right now that I think ends tomorrow, each one of them has a banner on the homepage with the code, Morimoto's is MORIMADNESS

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought auxito y13 leds and they do pretty good in projector housing compared to my old ones because they have an extremely thin profile. Light output is decent although there are more powerful options available

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LEDs in projector housings underperform HIDs by a lot typically. The projector internals really don't work with the led dual chip outputs, they are designed for 360 output. Reflector headlights do better with the leds clocked correctly.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
LEDs in projector housings underperform HIDs by a lot typically. The projector internals really don't work with the led dual chip outputs, they are designed for 360 output. Reflector headlights do better with the leds clocked correctly.
What HID's would you recommend?