2013 Ram 1500 Air conditioning issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce Pierce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My name is Bruce Pierce and I am a new member.

I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 5.9L engine.
I recently decided ( before it got hot ) to turn on the air conditioner to let it run a bit and found that it was only blowing hot ( ambient ) air.
I noticed the compressor was not cycling, so my first thought was to check the compressor clutch fuse.
The fuse was fine, so I unplugged the compressor clutch and put a meter across it to see if I was getting any signal to the clutch. The meter read 0.

My next step would be to see if there is a relay somewhere in the power distribution center that might be bad, but I have not been able to locate any legend that shows me what each of the relays are for.
First, does anyone know if there is a relay that controls the AC system?

If not, or if it does not have a bad relay, are there any other suggestions anyone has to look at next?
( ie pressure switches, refrigerant pressure, etc.)

It is just strange that it all of a sudden has stopped working.

Thanks in advance!
Bruce

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you dont hsve gauges I would recommend going to harbor freight buying a cheap set of guages to hook up, look over your A/c lines and condenser any oil residue may indicate a leak, if you have a meter you could always check a pressure switch which should be a N.O or N.C switch if you gave pressure the switch should close and at least request the clutch to pull in, someone else may be able to chime in, I work on big truck A/c systems
You could also feel the clutch on the compressor , if there is very little resistance when turning with your hand, a good indicator you lost the charge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk