2013 Ram 1500 Puddle Light Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maverick27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey there,

So I’m in the process of replacing my large style mirror puddle lights with an aftermarket set of “switch backs.”

This will be my 3rd set of lights (including the factory lights) due to water damage. I’m taking all precautions with these lights as for sealing them, hoping for no issues.

Now my issue:

I go ahead and plug in my new lights, the pass. side works correctly: turn signal and white lights work as they should. The drivers side white lights only flash, do not illuminate. Signal does work.

I cleaned the connector/terminal but had the same issue. I swapped lights side to side and confirmed that the drivers side light is functioning, just not when it’s on the driver mirror!

I checked voltage at the light connector on the driver side and it showed system voltage. Confirmed same voltage on the pass. side. But when I go ahead and load test the drivers light connector (specifically the green/black wire) I completely lost all voltage. (showing a voltage drop on the power side in the system) Preformed same load test on the pass side and it checked out, no voltage drop.

I unplugged the light connector at the DCM and ohm/continuity checked the green/black wire. Ohmed out fine at .1.
Checked voltage coming from the DCM and it was at system voltage. Went ahead and load tested the DCM and lost all voltage. Perfect! Tests confirm that the DCM is faulty! (All other door functions work showing that the power/supply side of the DCM is good)

Ordered the replacement DCM and plugged it in, and nadda, drivers side white puddle lights still will not illuminate!

I’m at a loss on where to go from here. Any input or any one else with a similar experience? Tia

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of the lamps inside the conector is inverted , you need invert the conector in your truck ... thats happened to me ... both lamps are the same , but one of them wont work , because the conector inside is inverted