2013 RAM 3500 6.7 Power train service issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benbear

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Just had oil change , transmission service, front and rear diff, service, transfer case sevice(replace oil/filters). The tech that has serviced my unit for the past 6 yrs did excellent work. Although the same tech was promised for this work, they passed it to another tech. He did a bad job with the oil change. I supply 10 litres of my oil and then top of the engine when I get home. ..3 miles. The truck set in the garage overnite, but was level to the max mark and was a bit dirty. All past experience, with this process, was almost clear oil and add approx 1 litre. The dealership owned up to the oversight and agreed to redo the oil change and ensure the engine drained properly. Issue…I am not confident the balance of the work was completed correctly…based on a bad oil change. Can another dealership service tech inspect and confirm the balance of work was done properly? Or should I insist on a complete redo of all the work…for peace of mind? Upsets me as I reconfirmed with the service manager and advisor same tech would do the service.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I would be checking every thing they touched and its best to get the dealer to redo the work you find to be not up to par, if you took it to another dealer you would have to pay for it out of pocket for inspecting the work and some places may not want to do it...

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My thoughts are if he cant change the engine oil correctly, what makes you think he changed the rest of the stuff correctly?

Out of curiosity….why add the remainder of the oil when you get home, rather than just filling at the time it is being change?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just had oil change , transmission service, front and rear diff, service, transfer case sevice(replace oil/filters). The tech that has serviced my unit for the past 6 yrs did excellent work. Although the same tech was promised for this work, they passed it to another tech. He did a bad job with the oil change. I supply 10 litres of my oil and then top of the engine when I get home. ..3 miles. The truck set in the garage overnite, but was level to the max mark and was a bit dirty. All past experience, with this process, was almost clear oil and add approx 1 litre. The dealership owned up to the oversight and agreed to redo the oil change and ensure the engine drained properly. Issue…I am not confident the balance of the work was completed correctly…based on a bad oil change. Can another dealership service tech inspect and confirm the balance of work was done properly? Or should I insist on a complete redo of all the work…for peace of mind? Upsets me as I reconfirmed with the service manager and advisor same tech would do the service.
Unfortunately it sounds like it may be time to move to another shop for work . Typical dealer lie. Good thing you checked the oil , I would verify anything else that should have been done. Did the tech take your oil for himself ? Dishonest and or incompetent dealerships seem to the normal these days . Find a reputable independent mechanics shop .