2013 Ram 4.7 spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 engine. I am needing to do the 60,000 mile spark plug service and wanted to get some opinions on the type of plug to use. I realize that the manual doesn't call for platinum or iridium plugs, but I would like to hear from those who have actually changed to these type of plugs and what your results were? I know we all have opinions on the matter, but I would like to hear from those who have actually used them, and whether you had a good or bad result. Thanks guys.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 engine. I am needing to do the 60,000 mile spark plug service and wanted to get some opinions on the type of plug to use. I realize that the manual doesn't call for platinum or iridium plugs, but I would like to hear from those who have actually changed to these type of plugs and what your results were? I know we all have opinions on the matter, but I would like to hear from those who have actually used them, and whether you had a good or bad result. Thanks guys.
Not going to comment on the plugs,but i'll forewarn you,if this is your first plug change on it,you'll need a thinwall plug socket to get the plugs out. If you haven't got one,you might have spend a few minutes grinding down a standard plug socket to get it to fit.Some guys get lucky and they have a socket that'll fit,me not so much,lol.I ended up grinding down a standard plug socket to fit on my old 2013 4.7,lol

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Go to the Rockauto website
It is very easy to navigate

Spark Plugs will fall under Ignition

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

You can ask Rockauto questions
Here is the proper page

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not going to comment on the plugs,but i'll forewarn you,if this is your first plug change on it,you'll need a thinwall plug socket to get the plugs out. If you haven't got one,you might have spend a few minutes grinding down a standard plug socket to get it to fit.Some guys get lucky and they have a socket that'll fit,me not so much,lol.I ended up grinding down a standard plug socket to fit on my old 2013 4.7,lol
"OLD" 2013??? Its been since 2006 when my 97 Wrangler passed that age, since I had anything that "new"!!!! (that was closest to new I have ever had to date, bought it at 3 years old, in Y2K) and I had it almost 20 years!!!
to me anything made this century is "new"!!! Up until yesterday, the newest (by model year) I have ever owned was a pair of 2001s. First an XJ Cherokee and for the last 8-1/2 years. my 01 Durango (still my wife's daily driver) I'm quickly appreciating the older vehicles more by the day. I hate when fall comes and I have to park my 78 Plymouth Fury. I also have an 85 Dodge D150 that I'm currently restoring.
The 70s/80s era Dodge trucks are more my cup of tea. If it don't have it, (whatever newfangled gizmo you might mention) it can't strand you!!!! \
If "the bank" were more lenient I'd have bought a 92 Cummins D250 instead of my '12. and '12 just made the cut for my bank loaning any money to buy it. I see all these '08s and '10s listed for more than I paid for mine, and can't believe the banks think we all have that kind of cash laying around....