2013 ram 4x4 service light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I HAVE A 2013 RAM 4X4 SERVICE LIGHT IS ON WITH DTCM C1464 front axle control circut low code coming up any ideas on a fix for this thanks

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Could be a bad front axle actuator or a broken wire somewhere.

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i replaced the front acuator with a used one i bought from my dealer they said it was still good when i checked voltage on plug for acuator only one of the 4 pins had power on it 4.7 volts

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Did you test it out of the case to ensure it worked? Did you check ground wire on it as well? I'll try to find a pinout.

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i put original one back on out of case to try did not work
and i also bought a new one from parts store that i pluged in with extension wires i made up so i didnt mark up the connection incase i dont need it and will return for refund

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
This might help some. If it's not a ground issue I can probly guide you how to ohm the wires out from module to that actuator as well just to be sure. If they're good it could be the module it's self. c30bd7e5b558c3fa0d5a0b3f98fde1c3.jpg

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
463eb8d85bae0fe9b23a085c018405a2.jpg
Hope this helps. And looks like full 12v needed at that pin. Says use test light and compare brightness to brightness when connected to battery. Doing it with a test light verifies integrity. With a volt meter its not carrying load. Also says to disconnect from the FAD and DCM before doing this test. Probably to protect circuits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
463eb8d85bae0fe9b23a085c018405a2.jpg
Hope this helps. And looks like full 12v needed at that pin. Says use test light and compare brightness to brightness when connected to battery. Doing it with a test light verifies integrity. With a volt meter its not carrying load. Also says to disconnect from the FAD and DCM before doing this test. Probably to protect circuits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckyyy! Wish I had the better right diagrams and stuff. [emoji1787]

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luckyyy! Wish I had the better right diagrams and stuff. [emoji1787]

Ebay, download, cheap, con= you take a chance when getting. This one said covered lots of models but only a 14 which is good for many. Also some of the fuel system, part has wrong pictures, driveline pics. LOL. Wasnt much like 15 or 17 dollars maybe?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ebay, download, cheap, con= you take a chance when getting. This one said covered lots of models but only a 14 which is good for many. Also some of the fuel system, part has wrong pictures, driveline pics. LOL. Wasnt much like 15 or 17 dollars maybe?
I'm gonna look into that! All the wiring and stuff I do it'd be great. And all data is hella lots here. The states gets cheap subscriptions are are yearly at like $300. I usually bug my parts guy or another member I'm friends with who has all data for diagrams. [emoji16] But I'd love to have my own that's for sure. Thanks man!

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna look into that! All the wiring and stuff I do it'd be great. And all data is hella lots here. The states gets cheap subscriptions are are yearly at like $300. I usually bug my parts guy or another member I'm friends with who has all data for diagrams. [emoji16] But I'd love to have my own that's for sure. Thanks man!

http://www.alldatadiy.com/buy/

This isn't too expensive for just one vehicle, i don't know the quality though. I realize it may be higher for you all up there, but not too much higher i wouldn't think. The subscription you may be thinking of is for mechanics that work on many different cars, this is Alldata DIY. For just one vehicle. I would be able to tell you but my wifes car isn't quite old enough yet.

Oh and no problem like to help.

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the help trouble shooting wireing is a little out of my league think ill have to take it to a shop

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I HAVE A 2013 RAM 4X4 SERVICE LIGHT IS ON WITH DTCM C1464 front axle control circut low code coming up any ideas on a fix for this thanks

Hi @Jason Jessome - If you are not able to determine a solution based on the suggestions of fellow forum members, I recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hi @Jason Jessome - If you are not able to determine a solution based on the suggestions of fellow forum members, I recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares
I wonder if ramcares offers discounts for forum members who are recomended to go to the dealer? It would possibly give us someactual incentive to visit a dealer instead of avoid it. Just an idea....

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i also replaced the the transfer case acuator still no luck just wondering whats my best bet should i take it to my dealier or to an auto electricians shop to trouble shoot my wireing issue thanks

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
so i also replaced the the transfer case acuator still no luck just wondering whats my best bet should i take it to my dealier or to an auto electricians shop to trouble shoot my wireing issue thanks
It's only 4 wires if you have a multimeter and some spare wire you could easily test it. Any local shop should be able to easily do this as well.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

OK, go find fuse 77 and pull it and see if its blown. You said you were only getting 4.7 volts to one pin, which pin, sounds like a reference voltage. Which means you don't have 12 volts to the pin that should have it. Goes straight to a fuse. No 77.

I don't know where your putting the ground, but i always have a long spare wire to go straight to the battery, then check all the pins noting voltage and color. Then The one that is ground, set meter to ohms and check from that pin to ground.

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pulled that one along with couple more that seem to be related to the issue all fuses and terminals were good and it was the top right pin when looking front on that had the voltage my buddy tested it not sure where he grounded out at some where in the frame i was in truck pressing 4x4 buttons

OP
OP
J

Jason Jessome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also the 4x4 light is on on the dash and push button 4x4 light is light up solid but truck is in 2 wheele dr when i push 2 wheele dr button nothing flashes does not make any attempt to switch