2013 Ram Big Horn body info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the 2013 Big Horn on the back wall behind the rear seat how thick is the sheet metal wall. Is it single or double wall. I need to drill a hole and grommet and rtv the hole. Only a 3/8 hole to pass a cable harness with 6 wires out to the bed. I know I can go out the front fire wall where there are some larger rubber plugs then under the truck and tie wrap to areas under the truck. I'm trying to keep as much wire inside the truck as possible.

any info appreciated

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Idea: Have you tried tracing the taillight harness and just follow that? No idea if it punches out the front, back or the bottom, but it might be worth finding out.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the back lights cable come from underneath the truck. When I lifted the rear seats I did not see any cables go out the back cab, mine is a quad cab.

thanks for your reply

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
No worries - was kind of curious to see where it went myself (also a QC owner here, but a little newer, with the smaller motor).

...what's the wire/cable for?

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to run a cable up to racks on my Fiberglass cap to add a amber strobe light for plowing. Live here in Boston and have plowed with my 2004 for the past 9 years. So I gotta get this ready for this coming winter. I just sold my 04 and got the 13 -3 weeks ago. On the 04 I ran the cable under the truck and its a pain to do that. So think I'm going to drill a 3/8 hole and put a rubber grommet and then black rtv. It will be between the back cab and the bed.
Was wondering how thick and if its double wall.

I have been doing some things like adding mud flaps and changed out my front headlights and seems the metal on the newer trucks is much thinner then my 04 truck.

Still have to add a motion detector to the factory alarm which will only go off if a door is open which is stupid on Chrysler part. So I should have the Fiberglass cap on by this Saturday and then go to town with some electrical work. I'v owned it 3 weeks and only put 51 miles on it so far.