2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn Remote Start / Fob issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low93bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 13 Laramie Longhorn 15000 5.7. My keyfob will lock and unlock "most of the time" just fine. Remote start works occasionally. Also lately the auto door unlock feature "push button style fob" will not recognize i have key near vehicle, so i have to manually push unlock on fob. I will also get a no fob detected error if it does start and or have to press fob to button. Today, i drove to store, went to get out of the truck and the alarm went off. Fob was completely unresponsive. Tried starting it with fob and it started and ran, but alarm did not shut off. Closed doors, tried lock unlock again and nothing. Alarm finally shut off (timed out maybe??) And then lock unlock worked again, bit it still needs to have fob pressed to button to start. Any clue what is going on here?? I have changed batteries in both fobs twice and they both do the same thjng...

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a '14 Laramie and had the same issues you are having.
Go to this thread and try what user Agang4 did.
Cheap and instant fix for me, all remote operations have been perfect ever since.

Hope this helps!