2014 1500 3rd Brake Light Reverse Lights Out / Fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassMasterK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hoping someone can help me here. I was fixing the 3rd brake light leak on my 2014 RAM 1500. While I was getting ready to install the new gasket I decided I might as well replace the bulbs since they haven't been done since I bought the truck new. I installed the new bulbs and only the brake bulb worked. I grabbed the old bulbs and put them back in the reverse/backup light sockets and they didn't work either so they probably have been out for some time. The tailgate reverse lights on the left and right side work fine.

I grabbed my multimeter and I tested the wiring for continuity just with the 3rd light fixture and everything is wired and connected properly. When the brake pedal is pressed, I'm getting ~12V at the connector. When it is put in reverse, I'm not getting any voltage at the connector so it has to be a problem earlier in the circuit. I looked at the fuse box and the owners manual but there is no clear designation for a fuse for the reverse lights, and as mentioned above, the two lower left and right reverse lights are fine, it is just the ones in the 3rd light fixture. Google searches are making it sound like there may not be a fuse for the reverse/backup lights which if that is true, I'm not sure what to look for next, but the search results aren't exactly authoritative. Can anyone give me any suggestions or help? Is there a fuse for just the reverse lights on this fixture? Any other ideas? It is driving me nuts. I want to get this leak fixed because we are still getting rain where I'm at, but I don't want to put this new gasket on and seal it until I have this light situation worked out.

Thank you.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Those are cargo\bed lights, not reverse lights, turn your dome lights on in the truck then take a look, or there may be a separate button by the light switch

OP
OP
B

BassMasterK

Reaction score
Ram Year
I actually was just outside pondering if there could be a way that these weren't extra backup lights. Found the cargo light button which I had never used before and immediately felt like an idiot when they lit up. Thank you for the confirmation. I can't believe I spent the last hour trying to figure this out.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
LOL no worries - If that's the worst thing that happens, the days a success

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads