2014 1500/bighorn 2wd ignition switch replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArfDogZYX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
please move to appropiate subforum as indicated - wasn't sure which sub-category fit the bill

hello, i have a 2014 bighorn 2wd with what I believe is an ignition switch issue.

over a week or two it takes more and more attempts (turning key from off to middle to start and back) for it to recognize it as being the valid key. rarely get the 'wrong fob' message but usually just nothing. can remote start fine but still have to put a few minutes into getting the key recognized. once recognized, I can keep it in middle position when motor off (never turning to off) and it is still recognized. so for much of my day if i am driving about, I do just that and manually lock the doors.

this vehicle was sold to me with a single fob, so no comparison with an alternate fob possible (unless I pay to program one). battery in fob is relatively new and otherwise works fine.

some reading suggests the ignition switch may be the culprit - these seem scarce at present, but if I were to come up with one, would it need programming or should it be plug-and-go? at face value changing the switch looks very simple assuming no programming needed.

key is passive fob.

i am told the part for the ignition switch is 68395133AA.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you have a Local Mobile Locksmith, give them a call to see if the carry FOBs If they do programming

I just had a shop do mine & they even cut a door key
cost was $149.98 for new FOB, programming & door key

Dealerships usually charge $200 plus

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I got like 4 extra fobs, bought a bunch off ebay for 25 and a key with a chip, can open door and start truck. I have all 4 besides the two the dealer have me for less then the dealer charges for one.

You can bypass the win module and set up ignition through the cig lighter relay.