2014 1500 gas tank strap and frame rusted out

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, same here. I still have the notice, but I've crawled under the truck on many occassions and there is no rust anywhere around the straps or the frame. Makes me wonder how they determined the model year and VIN's, as this seems to cover multiple years. Mine is a 2011.
Yeah there wasn't a speck of rust under mine either but I took it in and they supposedly performed the recall.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah there wasn't a speck of rust under mine either but I took it in and they supposedly performed the recall.
Maybe I'll dig mine out and take it in, just for the satisfaction of knowing it's okay.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a pocket up there which can hold mud/water/salt, etc. Depending the region where a guy lives and what's sitting in that pocket, will affect how quick (or not) it's going to rust. Mine seems good on my truck as well.
That is why I fill mine up with Fluid Film and give the area a good coating every oil change. It takes about 2 minutes.

Hemi395 drilled holes in the bottom of the pockets to let the moisture drain out but I could not get a drill in the right position to do mine. The brake lines run right through there.