2014 2500 6.4 L Code problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Fords are not without their own problems. I had a 2015 f250 fx4 with the snow plow pkg and camper pkg. it rode like a dump truck when it was empty. Over 60mph it would start shaking- ford replaced the wheels, tires , driveshaft and I forget what else, nothing fixed it. Finally they said “it’s a ride characteristic of a heavy duty truck” and it drives as expected. Yeah, like hell, I held a class A CDL for many years, I know what a real truck rides like. Finally dumped it on a new Ram 2500 when my wife refused to ride in it anymore. Hopefully you have better luck with your Ford.

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Fords are not without their own problems. I had a 2015 f250 fx4 with the snow plow pkg and camper pkg. it rode like a dump truck when it was empty. Over 60mph it would start shaking- ford replaced the wheels, tires , driveshaft and I forget what else, nothing fixed it. Finally they said “it’s a ride characteristic of a heavy duty truck” and it drives as expected. Yeah, like hell, I held a class A CDL for many years, I know what a real truck rides like. Finally dumped it on a new Ram 2500 when my wife refused to ride in it anymore. Hopefully you have better luck with your Ford.

View attachment 137908

View attachment 137909
I have the same sentiments regarding the 3/4 ton trucks manufacturered by GM and Ford. Drove all 3 trucks last year before I bought my current Ram 2500. The RAM just drove better. The GM was a close second with the Ford a distant 3rd. All three trucks have similar capabilities. No arguing that. But it was the comfort / drivability that sold me on the RAM.

JackR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 3500 6.4. I am having same problem
At random times the accelerator pedal loses power and service electronic throttle lightning bolt indicator comes on
Restart truck and all is good
Sometimes it will do it again and even for several times in a row. Other times it will run several days and hundreds of miles before doing again
Never happened at high speed.
Dealership has no idea
Dealership replaced mad sensor. Failed again shortly after that
I replaced accelerator pedal assemble. No good and failed again
Full throttle replacement to be done during the week. Waiting for the gasket

Now thinking to also replace cam shaft sensor since reading the post above

Anybody have any thoughts for help?

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
my 2018 with 20k miles is getting camshaft and crankshaft position sensor codes. truck is stalling and dying randomly... in the middle of the street.

i went to a gas station which i have never been, so im waiting to freak out until i deplete this crap fuel.