2014 3.6l v6 ram wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tliner

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998, 2014
Engine
turn key all dashlights come on but all i get is a single click. wont start. rotory knob wont come out of park. brake pedal stays hard. had to tow to the dealer. anyone else have this happen? still waiting on repairs

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My 2017 didn't start one morning (was pretty much as you described), turned out to be the 5 year old battery.

OP
OP
T

tliner

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998, 2014
Engine
first thing tried to boost it with a booster box as soon as the tow truck came. no difference. thanks for the reply

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
turn key all dashlights come on but all i get is a single click. wont start. rotory knob wont come out of park. brake pedal stays hard. had to tow to the dealer. anyone else have this happen? still waiting on repairs
Probably a dead battery. It's that time of year and that's exactly what mine did when the battery needed replacing.

sdurcholz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I am having maybe a similar issue with my RAM 1500 SLT, 4 wd with 3.6L. One shop said it started 100% for 4 days, then on day 5 after we paid for diagnosis, did not start. They then replaced starter and it run for a week. Intermittent faults for the next week, and now the past week has been dead 100%, battery wears down from multiple attempts to start.

Phaeton16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what happened to me ......
Thought I would put this out there..... Last night my wife was stranded in a store parking lot in Idaho. When she came out to leave the truck would not start so a couple of people tried to help her out with a jump but nothing. When I arrive I noticed the battery had plenty of charge but when using the fob key start nothing, no clicking nada . So after disconnecting battery a couple of times a woman passing by says my husband works at O'reilly's he's at home I will have him drive over ( WOW) I was getting ready to have it towed ( I Live 32 miles away) My O'riley buddy locates the problem, its the K07 relay Starter Sel. he grabs one off his truck that operates his fog lights and Boom starts right up. My new friend just saved me a couple hundred dollars, anyway I'm telling anybody I know to put a couple of these relays in your truck for insurance. PS this happened about 9:30 pm and we were in an area with no cell service. Great to know there are still awesome people out there that still care about their fellow man.