2014 5.7 Hemi won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peteinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 has about 55k miles. Just put a new battery in last December. Yesterday, after a few stops, I turned the fob and had a no start. Dash lights came on but message screen and radio were blank. Fob would lock and unlock truck. I pulled the positive lead from battery and waited 30-seconds and replaced. This time it cranked right up. I suppose it is time to buy a new code reader.
Ive read a few posts that indicate needing to change fob battery so I will do that today.
anything else I should be looking a?

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Just make one change at a time (scientific variable control) to isolate what the true problem is/was.

I agree with you,...start with FOB battery

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Take the battery out & clean the green circuit board & the back of the black plastic case that has the buttons on the outside
Don't rub hard, Q Tips will work

there are several videos on how to clean a FOB

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All good suggestions above. Also make sure the terminals are tight. Sounds silly but sometimes if they are not pushed down to the base of the terminals then they wont fully tighten and become loose. Happened to me with my negative terminal is how I know. Shop said I needed a new battery but turns out it was the terminal connection.