Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 6.4 Hemi 2500 Death Shake

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty' started by Brad Davis, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Halligan

Halligan Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    Classic case of Death Wobble. Do an internet search and you'll find plenty of info.

Is your suspension stock?

How many miles on the truck?

Over sized tires or aftermarket wheels?

If your suspension is all stock, or even if it's not and your miles are getting high it could be time for a front suspension rebuild. I'd replace everything including ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar bushings, steering stabilizer, shocks, and the drag link. Good luck.

2. csuder99

csuder99 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I assume you meant caster ? Camber can't be adjusted on a solid front axle unless using special balljoints.

DW can be a caster problem, it's fairly common with coil sprung Jeeps using cheap non-adjustable lift kits. The axle 'rolls' a bit due to the control arm geometry, causing reduced caster.

RedneckHippy and Joes1500 like this.
  3. buckeyexx

buckeyexx Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yes your absolutely correct it was the caster. Thank you for that correction. Didn’t even realize I put that even after reading it before I posted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tron67j

tron67j Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    I had this once, felt just like described at higher speeds. Rotated to back to see if problem shifted, which it did.

McBroom likes this.
  5. RamCares

RamCares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a
    Hi @Brad Davis,

We certainly understand why this may be concerning! If you work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
    RamCares