2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Cam Kit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m new to this forum and I’ve got my 2014 ram tore down to nothing but the block and I’ve been scrolling and scrolling and I just can’t narrow it down to what I need, but I’m looking for a simple cam, lifter etc. kit to install. Anything is helpful and thanks in advance!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m new to this forum and I’ve got my 2014 ram tore down to nothing but the block and I’ve been scrolling and scrolling and I just can’t narrow it down to what I need, but I’m looking for a simple cam, lifter etc. kit to install. Anything is helpful and thanks in advance!
Simplest / cheapest would be replacing with stock parts,no tuning required,next step up would be one of MMX's no tune required cams,but they will require the mds to be turned off,anything over and above that will require custom tuning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I appreciate it I have a superchips tuner so I’ll be able to cut mds off and what would you recommend for lifters and should I get heavier valve springs also?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Okay I appreciate it I have a superchips tuner so I’ll be able to cut mds off and what would you recommend for lifters and should I get heavier valve springs also?
Stock lifters,the new non-mds lifters are now the Hellcat lifters. Springs depend on cam.You're best bet is to contact the outfit supplying the cam,if you're going aftermarket cam.It's usually not a bad thing to replace the springs even with a stock replacement cam,especially if your truck is getting up in milege, springs do wear out

OP
OP
L

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay thanks, you helped me out a lot! I’m probably gonna go with the mmx cam and I got 130,000 miles on it so I’m gonna see what they offer for springs and lifters. I really do appreciate it!

OP
OP
L

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a part number for Oem non mds lifters ? The ones that mmx have are the “hellcat lifters” for 499.00 and also is there any other gasket kits you’d recommend?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you have a part number for Oem non mds lifters ? The ones that mmx have are the “hellcat lifters” for 499.00 and also is there any other gasket kits you’d recommend?
Same lifters.All OEM non-mds lifters are now what used to be called the Hellcat lifters. Don't be thinking you can get away with cheap lifters like a set of Engine Techs from Rock Auto,good chance you'll kick your rear in short order for using them or cheap parts.It's a Hemi ,not an LS engine,so get ready for some sticker shock on prices.About the lowest i'd go on gaskets would be Felpro's.Get the cam bolt,don't try to reuse the old one,and it's usually reconmended to replace the head bolts while you have it apart.

OP
OP
L

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay cool that’s what I was wondering I want to do it right the first time so I’m willing to spend some money and do you happen to have a link for Felpro’s I just want to make sure I get it all right, also one last question they have an option for the full vvt timing set is that something you’d recommend or is it not necessary?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Okay cool that’s what I was wondering I want to do it right the first time so I’m willing to spend some money and do you happen to have a link for Felpro’s I just want to make sure I get it all right, also one last question they have an option for the full vvt timing set is that something you’d recommend or is it not necessary?
If your truck is getting up in milege,it's probably worth replacing the timing set. MMX's prices on things isn't to bad,so it's probably worth buying everything through them including a gasket set,as it should also include new head gaskets.

OP
OP
L

LALove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds good you answered all my questions, I really do appreciate your input !