2014 Dodge ram 1500 sport - Battery dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think you should spread that battery, make the hole large enough to be able to slide all the way down on the post, Do NOT hit on it to force it down.
Once it will slide down, lift it off & clean the post with the proper tool, that was posted earlier, then put the clamp back on the battery & snug it down, just enough so that you can't turn it on the post with your fingers.

First chance you can, buy a charger called a Battery Tender & use it.

If you still have issues with the battery going Low, then start doing your trouble shooting

start from the beginning & take it one step at a time

Good Luck

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks everyone for all the valuable tips. I got it fixed and new battery in place.

Lets see how many days this new Kirkland H7 battery lasts before the truck dies again.

yohannn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is old thread but is the exact same thing that happened to me. I had parasitic draw as the cause. The f@$#ing hood light was on. As it appears, when in position it would be off but when the hood closed, the light falls off and stays on. Solution, remove light.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
A lot of vehicle owners don't realize, that each time that you Start the vehicle, you need to drive 7 to 10 miles, just to replace the charge used to start it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963