2014 ecodiesel exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys, last summer I replace the factory muffler by a good delete kit I bought from mandrel bending in Toronto.
Already had the EGR delete when I bought it.
There was a tiny of black smoke with the muffler when I go full throttle, but now it's like I got a Cummins straight pipe since I change the muffler. At least it's only when the throttle almost touch the floor.

Now my question : is there a way to not having black smoke without EGR on a Ecodiesel.

I know what some could think, don't go full throttle, but when it's time to pass people on the road or on the highway, I like to not taking my coffee while on the other lane and I feel bad when I smoke the black out the other drivers.
Thanks for your advise and expertise !

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Whether a diesel tune smokes or not depends on the tune. A good tune will have little to no smoke. Who's tune do you have?
By muffler do mean you deleted the DPF and now have a straight pipe from the turbo back? The DPF is what catches the soot in diesel exhaust,

OP
OP
RamBat23

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I don't know who's tune I have, is there a way to know just by looking under the hood ?
The DPF was already gone when I bought it, the guy who sell it put a race pipe when he delete the EGR.
As for the muffler delete, this is the part I install :