2014 Quad Cab Laramie Speaker Upgrade Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Want to Drive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

Given the current market it looks like I'll be holding on to my 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab for a couple of more years. I'd like to upgrade the speakers and would like to see if their are any recommendations. I'm sure this has been discussed alot, but most of what I've come across are old threads.

Truck has the 8.4 uconnect 6 speaker system (not Alpine). I don't care to have really heavy base so I'm just looking to upgrade the 6 speakers for a cleaner sound than what the stock speakers provide.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used 6x9 Kickers in the doors, I have the 10 speaker system so I left the rest alone.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Track down the Mopar Kicker upgrade speakers.
77KICK28ab for the fronts, it replaces both the door speaker and the dash "tweeter". Even the stock set up is this way.
77KICK41 for the rears.

OP
OP
W

Want to Drive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Track down the Mopar Kicker upgrade speakers.
77KICK28ab for the fronts, it replaces both the door speaker and the dash "tweeter". Even the stock set up is this way.
77KICK41 for the rears.
Thank you!

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added Infinity Reference speakers to the dash and all 4 doors...frickin amazing.
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab w/8.4 UAQ Upgrade (My18)
(4) IR 9633ix for the doors (even though Crutchfield stated that they wouldn't fit the front doors, THEY DO...even with the included spacer, I didn't need them)
(2) IR 3022cfx for the dash (will need 4-ohm resistors inline on the + wire)
If you purchase from Crutchfield, they include the Metra harnesses for complete plug n play to your stock system; if you order through Amazon Prime, you'll save alot of money on the speakers, but will need to order (3) pairs of the Metra harnesses.
I originally had Pioneers in front doors, with Kickers in the dash and rear doors. After reading more reviews on this Forum, one month later I switched to all Infinity Reference and WOW...huge difference! I totally love the performance.

rickjkline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added Infinity Reference speakers to the dash and all 4 doors...frickin amazing.
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab w/8.4 UAQ Upgrade (My18)
(4) IR 9633ix for the doors (even though Crutchfield stated that they wouldn't fit the front doors, THEY DO...even with the included spacer, I didn't need them)
(2) IR 3022cfx for the dash (will need 4-ohm resistors inline on the + wire)
If you purchase from Crutchfield, they include the Metra harnesses for complete plug n play to your stock system; if you order through Amazon Prime, you'll save alot of money on the speakers, but will need to order (3) pairs of the Metra harnesses.
I originally had Pioneers in front doors, with Kickers in the dash and rear doors. After reading more reviews on this Forum, one month later I switched to all Infinity Reference and WOW...huge difference! I totally love the performance.
Did you by chance run an amp or are they straight from the head unit? I have the 8.4 non amplified system. I wished I had seen your post before ordering my IR speakers, I ordered the Reference 6532ix 6.5's for the front doors because Crutchfield said they wouldn't fit the 6x9