2014 Ram 1500 6" Lift w/ wobble/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apologies for the long post, so hoping someone can help! My truck has a slight wobble/vibration that you really start feeling around 60 mph. If you pay attention, you can feel it as low as 35 mph. This is in the body, not the steering wheel. I've been through EVERYTHING and it's driving me CRAZY!! Hoping someone has something else I can try. So far, this is what's been done.
-Taken in to 3 tire shops (road force balanced), 2 mechanics and the dealer. No luck!
-Brand new tires to rule out tires.
-New Brakes.
-U-Joints look good.
-UCA & LCA's are 4x4 Core (about 2 years old).
-Adjusted Control Arms to raise & lower pinion. Angles looked fine to me. When I did, no change in vibration at all.
-Drives in 4X4 exactly the same.
-Put the truck in neutral on the interstate, vibration is still there.
-New panhard bar put on today.
-Blistein rear shocks installed around a year ago.
-Lift is a 6" Rough Country I put on around 5 years ago.

Willing to try anything!

Thanks!

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Anything happen around that time?

Tires are new…… what about wheels? If vibration seems front ‘seat of your pants’ I’d swap the rears for the fronts just to see if it’s still there .

If it is, next thing I’d look at would be the shocks.

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheels are probably 3 years old. Know any good way to check if they're bent? I'll do the swap, but I've only noticed it in the "seat of my pants'. That would be the rear, correct? Tires have been rotated, but not by me. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. And you're talking rear shocks, right? Just got them 2 years ago. They look good.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Wheels are probably 3 years old. Know any good way to check if they're bent? I'll do the swap, but I've only noticed it in the "seat of my pants'. That would be the rear, correct? Tires have been rotated, but not by me. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. And you're talking rear shocks, right? Just got them 2 years ago. They look good.
That’s correct, referring to the rear.

Any chance there are Spacers on the wheels also?

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, I dumped those when I got the wheels. Thinking back, I did change all four breaks right before this started happening. I'll get everything off of it this evening, look over the breaks again and swap the fronts to back to see if I get any type of change. More to come. . .

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, I dumped those when I got the wheels. Thinking back, I did change all four breaks right before this started happening. I'll get everything off of it this evening, look over the breaks again and swap the fronts to back to see if I get any type of change. More to come. . .
Any update? I'm having a similar issue with my truck as well.

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No luck! Swapped the tires and put new rotors on the rear. Still has the weird wobble. :/

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No luck! Swapped the tires and put new rotors on the rear. Still has the weird wobble. :/
Have you checked your rear axles to make sure either is not warped or bent? Have you notice either rear wheel wobbling as your driving if looking in your side mirrors? My truck bounces like bunny in the rear at around 45 - 50mph. if I slow down or speed up if goes away. I also have a vibration in my seat and center console when driving at highway speeds of 65 mph. No shake in the steering wheel. Both of these started happening after I put my 4 inch lift on.

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not yet. It goes to a lift shop on Tuesday. I installed Bilstein 5100’s back in 2020. Can’t see any obvious issues, but they squeak like crazy! Maybe one is bad? Have a buddy with the same truck and going to swap the driveshaft to rule that out. It’s a single rear axle. Not sure how that could be bent. I did adjust the pinion angle up and down a few degrees, with no change.

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lift shop just called. Stated the bushings in 3 of the 4 Core 4x4 rear control arms are bad. I installed with the bushing on the axle. I should have installed with the bushing on the frame. I called Core 4X4 and they stated they were having bushing issues right around the time I purchased mine. They're shipping me new ones to pop in. I'll post back after the install to confirm, but looks like I may have found the issue!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, that was not the issue! Getting so frustrated! There’s only so many things it could be!

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have some play in the front axles. Is this normal? Wouldn’t this cause steering wheel shake? Antoine have other suggestions/ideas, I can try? Rear shocks look good, but I’m about to replace those I guess.

Hopefully this video works. Axle shake

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have some play in the front axles. Is this normal? Wouldn’t this cause steering wheel shake? Antoine have other suggestions/ideas, I can try? Rear shocks look good, but I’m about to replace those I guess.

Hopefully this video works. Axle shake
Pop the axles out and see if your issue goes away.You can drive them with the CV axles removed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Lift shop just called. Stated the bushings in 3 of the 4 Core 4x4 rear control arms are bad. I installed with the bushing on the axle. I should have installed with the bushing on the frame. I called Core 4X4 and they stated they were having bushing issues right around the time I purchased mine. They're shipping me new ones to pop in. I'll post back after the install to confirm, but looks like I may have found the issue!
At least Core 4x4 is sending you the new bushings, I love Core 4x4's customer service ... top notch !!!

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Axles out (PITA by the way) and still no change. Wobble is still there. Time to throw em back in…

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced outer while I was in there. I have zero steering wheel shake. I would expect some if it was front end, right?

Waiting on my buddy to get here so I can swap drive shafts. I’ll replace the rear shocks again after that. About time to trade up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead