2014 Ram 1500 6" Lift w/ wobble/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Replaced outer while I was in there. I have zero steering wheel shake. I would expect some if it was front end, right?

Waiting on my buddy to get here so I can swap drive shafts. I’ll replace the rear shocks again after that. About time to trade up!

Inner tie rods as well as lower ball joints

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just swapped drive shafts. Still wobbling. Replacing rear shocks tonight. What a nightmare!

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New Bilstein 5100’s (again) installed. Was hoping one was a melon, but the problem is still there… front upper and lower ball joints will be here tomorrow. I really don’t think that’s it, but won’t hurt to try. Anyone else have other ideas?

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the motor and trans mounts? Is it a constant vibration or does it change with speed?

MrSoloDolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a cv axle or issue with intermediate shaft. Have those been replaced? I know the rc lifts put rough angles on them

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the motor and trans mounts? Is it a constant vibration or does it change with speed?
Mounts look good. It gets worse with speed, but it varies. Sometimes I’ll feel it at 55, sometimes 65 and someone’s 75. The faster I go, the more intense.

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a cv axle or issue with intermediate shaft. Have those been replaced? I know the rc lifts put rough angles on them
I changed both axle’s and shaft a few days ago. Also installed ReadyLift upper control arms. Doing upper and lower ball joints now. Anyone think front or back end links could cause this? I wouldn’t think so, but it’s about the only thing left!

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper and lower ball joints done… STILL there! What the hell?!? I’m taking it to get aligned tomorrow. Now that I’ve tightened up so much of the suspension, I’m feeling some body roll that definitely feels bad. Went over a hill at 50 and felt the truck shift right. I know the end links on a lifted truck are a chore to find. Maybe do the front/back sway bar bushings and new links on front/back. Anyone have suggestions on where to get them? Damn guys…. What am I overlooking here?!?

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to check the end links before ordering and my wheels were cut hard right. Look how far the axle has slid off the shaft! I can push it back and forth. The splines look fine, but I’m wondering if the c-clip has failed or if the shaft is shot completely. Surely that axle sliding out could cause some wobble/vibration! Found a passenger side rebuild kit that will be here Saturday. Please be the fix!! 30E9285F-CE00-4655-9A7B-A05EA68A515B.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Went to check the end links before ordering and my wheels were cut hard right. Look how far the axle has slid off the shaft! I can push it back and forth. The splines look fine, but I’m wondering if the c-clip has failed or if the shaft is shot completely. Surely that axle sliding out could cause some wobble/vibration! Found a passenger side rebuild kit that will be here Saturday. Please be the fix!! View attachment 504316
Every rough country kit that comes in we put a brand new front diff in. The rear components we swap out for the zone rear box kit that we get from @Nick@GotExhaust he can also source the front and rear swaybar endlinks to get the whole truck dialed in. Rough country is cheaper now more expensive later but you’re finding that out the hard way unfortunately.

Nick is a preferred vendor on this forum and knows our trucks better than any web store you find online.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As stated by our forum expert @Quick_Shifter we see customers swaping out RC components constantly. We will be glad to help you out and get you some better quality parts to get your RAM riding right!

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another 3 1/2 hours of my life wasted….

What else? Front struts, rear coils? Anything else that can cause a wobble/vibration in the body?

antljonesjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too have a 2012 ram with a vibration I cannot track. I've replaced the bushing in the column to no avail also shortly after replacing rear shocks with rc n2 shocks I developed a rattle in rear... fwiw I also have the rcx 6in lift. Also after 1 of the lift components failed and lost front driver wheel shearing the axle and wasting my new 35x13.5r24 amp terrain m/t and the American truxx vortex at162 24x13.5 with -76 offset I replaced the failed steering knuckle. So currently I'm hoping that the 20in wheels and Ironman 35in m/t tires are the vibration issue. The rim shop should be done today with wheel so I plan on reinstalling the 24x13.5 wheels and hopefully loosing the vibration but first I have to replace the damn steering rack for the 10th time on this truck. For it blew out yet again on wife last night

OP
OP
Drew Stanley

Drew Stanley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck @antljonesjr ! I've since replaced both end links that Nick recommended. New rear coils came in yesterday so I'm replacing them this afternoon. Doubt it will fix it, but trying it. @Quick_Shifter - Why do you replace the front differential? My kit came with 6" drop brackets so I just assumed the axles were at factory angles. I did replace the axes and both stub shafts, but the wobble is still there.

antljonesjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm over this truck really I love the body and find that it's the best body in my honest opinion but the issues I've experienced over and over with this truck is beyond the limits of my patience. Going to replace steering rack for the 10th time today and pretty sure that at 200k and just replacing the timing at 180k I'm almost sure I'm going to loose it again with less than 30k on new one. This time an mds delete for sure

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Good luck @antljonesjr ! I've since replaced both end links that Nick recommended. New rear coils came in yesterday so I'm replacing them this afternoon. Doubt it will fix it, but trying it. @Quick_Shifter - Why do you replace the front differential? My kit came with 6" drop brackets so I just assumed the axles were at factory angles. I did replace the axes and both stub shafts, but the wobble is still there.
The geometry with rough country brackets are not good. It’s cheaper for my customers to replace the unit with a new one as diagnostic and time on the lift are the 2 most expensive things we do. Since 97% of our work is Ram trucks I can get through problems pretty fast. If you find us on Instagram or FB you’ll see people bring us your things just like yours all the time and then harp about how easy we make it look

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just swapped drive shafts. Still wobbling. Replacing rear shocks tonight. What a nightmare!
Have you checked the rear axle shaft for run-out to make sure they are not bent? I hit a curb one time and bent the axle flange. Could'nt tell until i put a dial indicator on it.

Last edited:

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
this is a dumb question, but does it get worse if you have something on the hitch? My truck has a similar vibration and when I have our Thule bike rack on the hitch, it makes the vibration even more noticeable.

I’m starting to think mine is the axle shafts (rear).

I’ve replaced cv axles, wheel bearings, rebuilt the rear diff, shocks, balanced/rotated tires, had the wheels checked for bends…

At 45, it feels like the rear end of the truck is moving up and down vertically. At 65, I start to feel it again and it comes and goes at any speed over 65. Im at a loss.