2014 ram 1500 8 speed problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neonguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eagle hemi
So I literally just bought this truck and the other night leaving work it did this back and between gears and got stuck in third wouldnt shift down or up.when it starts its like 3-4-3-4 then stuck.talked to dealer but scared their gona screw me somehow.has anyone had this problem can it be it needs an update or is this worse.thank you all so much also I took videos of everything but it won't let me upload them to big of files. Best I can do to prove this is a photo from video which youl see im 40 at 3k rpm not in manual mode.8fe043d786f48f1412dcae0beab75a8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I literally just bought this truck and the other night leaving work it did this back and between gears and got stuck in third wouldnt shift down or up.when it starts its like 3-4-3-4 then stuck.talked to dealer but scared their gona screw me somehow.has anyone had this problem can it be it needs an update or is this worse.thank you all so much also I took videos of everything but it won't let me upload them to big of files. Best I can do to prove this is a photo from video which youl see im 40 at 3k rpm not in manual mode.8fe043d786f48f1412dcae0beab75a8d.jpg

Try disconnecting the battery posts for a 1/2 hour and see if it does anything (step on the brakes once or twice while the battery is disconnected to help drain the system).If not,then your best bet is to let a dealer look at it.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

The dealer can initiate a quick relearn procedure for the transmission that may correct the issue. If you have AlfaOBD, I'd see if it can do it. Dealerships like to charge $140 minimum for stuff like this...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Your transmission is in what is called LIMP Mode
It is a condition that allows to where you must go.
If you continue to drive in Limp Mode, you will get stranded some place.

If you don't have a scan tool, drive to Autozone or similar store & ask them if they will check your Ram for trouble codes

OP
OP
N

Neonguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eagle hemi
The dealership i bought it from said it was broke and are replacing it free since I only the truck for 5 days lol