2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel deletion questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcrater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel and I am getting the P2D2D, P2D2E, P200A, P200B codes. I took out the EGR and MAP sensor cleaned those up and reinstalled but still getting the same codes. The truck is running a little better since I did that. Now I'm looking at replacement the intake manifold and doing a stage 2 delete. This is where I have questions.

What is the best tune to buy? I don't want to buy a tune that will cause long term damage to the engine or trans. I simply want to get rid of the EGR DPF system. I see a few different deletion kits online that come with the hardware and the software and they all seem to have the same description of their tune. Having never done a deletion or owned a diesel I'm not sure which is the best.

Any advice given would be appreciated.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The best tune is a Hemi, fyi EPA is cracking down on emissions pretty hard. Be aware as it’s expensive.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
In what way are they cracking down?
The EPA has been shutting down aftermarket tuners, been leveraging massive fines against them. Diesel ones now but they're starting in on gas tuners also.
As for who if your looking for a delete tune, look north the EcoDiesel Owners Canada.
DO NOT even bother talking to SFT or Reckless for EcoDiesel tunes, you can do your own research on these two but you'll find out they've been screwing customers and multiple problems confirmed with their tunes.

If you need to keep it legal, hands down the best is Green Diesel Engineering. Their tune is EPA certified.

OP
OP
jcrater

jcrater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The EPA has been shutting down aftermarket tuners, been leveraging massive fines against them. Diesel ones now but they're starting in on gas tuners also.
As for who if your looking for a delete tune, look north the EcoDiesel Owners Canada.
DO NOT even bother talking to SFT or Reckless for EcoDiesel tunes, you can do your own research on these two but you'll find out they've been screwing customers and multiple problems confirmed with their tunes.
Thank you for that information! I've been looking at GDE & big Daddy Diesel. Of course Canadaland has the best diesel tuners lol. I'll research the other two just for the learning.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'll research the other two just for the learning.
I know there used to be a Facebook page about all the people Reckless has screwed over.
As for SFT it seems lately if there's any problems with the tune your on your own. They also don't have any valid business licenses anymore. Legally they can't sell you anything

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn