2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ahhh I just saw it. Can’t find a pic of it installed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think there are any yet. They don't even list rams on the barricade website.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhh I just saw it. Can’t find a pic of it installed though.

Correct, there is only one pic shown online that depicts a slimmer bumper, the skid plate and the hoop, but they don’t showy it mounted in the truck like the other Barricade versions, nor they have install guide to at least see drawings or something that shows how the bumper looks like, I’m tempted to order cause the price is ok considering I’m not into the bulky ranch style, or the let me sell a kidney to buy the add stealth ones :).
But I’ll try to do my best and wait a little more.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Correct, there is only one pic shown online that depicts a slimmer bumper, the skid plate and the hoop, but they don’t showy it mounted in the truck like the other Barricade versions, nor they have install guide to at least see drawings or something that shows how the bumper looks like, I’m tempted to order cause the price is ok considering I’m not into the bulky ranch style, or the let me sell a kidney to buy the add stealth ones :).
But I’ll try to do my best and wait a little more.
Rock, paper, scissors on who's gonna get antsy and buy this first......

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea, we are a minute demographic compared to other aftermarket niches. Tacos jeeps and raptors stole that thunder. Gotta run what we brung tho, and laugh when crawl control can't make up for driver error.

That's not a bad weight for what seems like an ok option, is it the best.....not at all, but for the price and effort it'll take to install it's not a bad deal. I like the lines of the A.D.D stealth so if this is a similar fit knock off I'd be ecstatic. No need to worry about hardcore mounts as the oem hooks are burly, and a winch is a true afterthought at this point. We've waited this long, gimme a few weeks and I'll have this thing ordered. You know damn well I'll pic ***** and inform everyone about it.

Edit, just checked their website. The only thing I like is that prewired power distribution setup they have. I'll pay the price for that to avoid a big ass headache. Otherwise I didn't see anything too awe inspiring.

Just wondering you were looking at that Westin Outlaw but you guys stopped mentioning it, was that for a specific reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Just wondering you were looking at that Westin Outlaw but you guys stopped mentioning it, was that for a specific reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly just because of the lack of recovery points and it seems like it's be a bit more work to fab a hidden winch behind it. I like the looks, but I need more function more than form, and it's a bit pricey for lacking the things I want.

Hell I ordered an ugly headache rack because it fit the budget and I'll modify it as I see fit. We have high expectations for what we want lol. Usually we end up disappointed or deterred from the product

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully they’ll post pics soon. I like the idea of the skid plate and hoop. Definitely want to see a side pic first of the bumper installed.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called Warn to find out about their full bumper weight not to discount any of my options, Warn Ascent part# 100922, freaking 170lbs :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I called Warn to find out about their full bumper weight not to discount any of my options, Warn Ascent part# 100922, freaking 170lbs :)
Jesus christ. My 2500 bumpers weighed that. My front suspension can't handle that.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep that one is one the heavy side, i love the look, i'll keep looking around, i saw Bruiser posted about the ICI Baja and the 40% discount, that one with the skid is about 100lbs, Barricade is about 80lbs and the cheapest option. If i could only see how the damn things looks like mounted hahaha.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And while i was down there i removed the Oreally's sway bar links and replaced with the suspension max longer ones again. i think the squeak i had with those was actually the Zone UCA's bushings, i fixed that when i did the King install so it should be good now

33648251678_df9401511b_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

32582653617_dc7146b3f1_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

32582653927_a0d05bba9d_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Knew ya werent gonna leave them alone. Look good

Edit; do you notice a difference with those longer sway links front and rear? My oem front bushings are super squished and unhappy.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yep that one is one the heavy side, i love the look, i'll keep looking around, i saw Bruiser posted about the ICI Baja and the 40% discount, that one with the skid is about 100lbs, Barricade is about 80lbs and the cheapest option. If i could only see how the damn things looks like mounted hahaha.
Fingers crossed I may order it soon.....tho I have something up my sleeve that may put my offroad antics pretty much on hold in the Ram, trying to see if I can get my old xj back to take in the trails. If that culminates into reality priorities will change a bit.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fingers crossed I may order it soon.....tho I have something up my sleeve that may put my offroad antics pretty much on hold in the Ram, trying to see if I can get my old xj back to take in the trails. If that culminates into reality priorities will change a bit.

The rears made a diff
Knew ya werent gonna leave them alone. Look good

Edit; do you notice a difference with those longer sway links front and rear? My oem front bushings are super squished and unhappy.

Both will put the sway bar angles like there were stock so the truck feels better around corners, the front seems to give me less neck side movement when i have to cross things diagonally.Not that it was bad before but now she feels a little smoother in that regards. Haven't have the need to spend a dime on an aftermarket rear sway bar.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The rears made a diff

Both will put the sway bar angles like there were stock so the truck feels better around corners, the front seems to give me less neck side movement when i have to cross things diagonally.Not that it was bad before but now she feels a little smoother in that regards. Haven't have the need to spend a dime on an aftermarket rear sway bar.
I'm gonna check these out and extend my rear links now that I got the welder up and going again. Not that it's bad, but the truck does have a bit of slosh side to side like you mentioned. I remember you saying the suspension max bushings wore out fast and kept clunking tho, if I'm not mistaken

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1/2" gain at full tuck, nothing significant but with IFS every little thing do count.

47525702011_d74cb0a53e_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

And a couple of leg stretching ones to keep the shock shafts clean :)

46610287155_b084061ee3_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

33648976978_2686442720_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
1/2" from swapping links?!?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna check these out and extend my rear links now that I got the welder up and going again. Not that it's bad, but the truck does have a bit of slosh side to side like you mentioned. I remember you saying the suspension max bushings wore out fast and kept clunking tho, if I'm not mistaken

I did put too much pressure on the bushings the first time, now i'm going by what they say in the instructions :) i think they'll be a little clunky without that much pressure but i'll give them a couple of days to settle.