2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Shouldn’t have a problem talking face to face with them, you’ll most likely end up talking to the owner if you go there (I forget his name). I’ve gone there a couple times for our big crew trucks that have cranes mounted on them for random odds and ends they have always taken care of us. Really cool guys over there, also crazy busy so just be patient for custom stuff.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a crazy day at the office yesterday and i couldn’t leave early as I wanted. Tried to call Deavers through out the day instead but i kept getting nothing but voicemail. Same thing today so i did send them the question via their website. Worst case i guess i'll buy a set of Daystar 1" spacers and slap them with my Icon coils back. The SLF coils are just too damn soft :(, i checked yesterday on a spot where i always taken my measurements as i know is pretty flat, 39.5" front, 40 1/8" rear, good damn it exactly what i had with Icons after about a year, only thing lifting the truck are the 315's, 40 1/8" is what i had a year ago when i did the Rancho quick lift in the front with the stock coils in the back and the Falken 315 tires, she was 39 1/4 on stock coils with stock 33's, 40 1/8 after 315's.

Last edited:

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I’m curious to see if there would be any noticeable change in ride characteristics from adding a spacer to the icons also if at that point would it now be necessary to run the track bar relocate. I’ll have to do some searching and see if anyone else on here is running that combination geared toward an off-road set up. On the positive side spacers would be a cost efficient solution to get that rake back.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m curious to see if there would be any noticeable change in ride characteristics from adding a spacer to the icons also if at that point would it now be necessary to run the track bar relocate. I’ll have to do some searching and see if anyone else on here is running that combination geared toward an off-road set up. On the positive side spacers would be a cost efficient solution to get that rake back.
Doubt we'll need any relocation for instance my truck is riding at stock height pretty much since both springs are sagged down to that point because of weight so 1" spacer is literally adding just 1" to the lift and will put me back to 41 1/8 which is what my truck was at when i did the Icons after driving for about 1000 miles or so, then i had to add weight of course Lol.

1" spacer in this case is as far i'll go because of the offroad abuse those spacers will take, and in this instance trying to find a suitable coil spring will take a while. I hate to pay $100 for spacers though but what that heck i'll do anything at this point to have that inch back and get rid of the thin pasta coils Supercrap i have in the back of the truck :), now i know why some springs cost $300 while others are $150.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And i just confirmed the 1" idea with Icon. they said it shouldn't cause any issues with performance. I wish they would have said "we'll make you a 2.5" icon spring...." lol
In any case, ill order the damn spacers from Amazon prime and go back to the Icon springs in a couple of days. I have a trip coming next week and i need my truck to hold weight. Icons are 25% softer in the 1st rate compared to stock, but they will hold a lot more more than stock on the 2nd rate, so i just need that inch back in the softer one.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Interesting. How much weight do you have packed in there? I will say that these slf140s didn't like weight. They ride very much like my bilstein coils ie SOFT just a ton longer. Almost like those tight top windings are just dead coils to take up space.

As for the relocation bracket, I actually noticed a big difference and re installed it. There are 2 other rams at work, 1 is stock, 1 is stock but a foreman truck and always loaded down to the bump stops. I took a picture of my track bar in stock position and the stock unloaded. Obviously ride didn't change, but I have a lot of really bad roads I drive exactly the same speed every day, my truck tossed and skipped in the rear much more with the relocation bracket out. Axle is within a 1/4" centered both relocated and not. I'll get an adjustable here soon, center it at ride height and be done. After I shower I'll pull my rear numbers.

I'm sure this is case to case and yoir kings dampen **** like that way more than the 5125s but it's food for thought. That being said I'm pretty sure you're sitting alot lower than me in the rear, which would make a difference.

Pics are of stock and relocated bar. I apparentally didn't take a pic of mine non relocated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
7cbb0d439fcbac7751d20a2b65a72d8d.jpgc24e4c52fe8e5a9015d52d58b7ac7b54.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
40.75-41" rear on stock 275/60/20s. Put my flares back on so there's a small discrepancy compared to sheet metal but you get the idea

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I need to go find myself a level surface and see how mine sits now, it just got put on a diet. Pulled roof rack, solar panel, solar batteries, side bin, etc etc off. I found a ton of stress fractures and broken welds in my shell. Apparently it can’t hold up to the abuse I’ve been throwing at it lol. Need to do a bunch of repairs and re-think my weight management. If it still sits with a negative rake I’ll be following your lead and ordering a set of the spacers as well.

CF5E89F7-DCDA-4984-A012-486410F4FB82.jpeg

181893D9-27A9-45DF-8459-7FFECE8E11B1.jpeg

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. How much weight do you have packed in there? I will say that these slf140s didn't like weight. They ride very much like my bilstein coils ie SOFT just a ton longer. Almost like those tight top windings are just dead coils to take up space.

As for the relocation bracket, I actually noticed a big difference and re installed it. There are 2 other rams at work, 1 is stock, 1 is stock but a foreman truck and always loaded down to the bump stops. I took a picture of my track bar in stock position and the stock unloaded. Obviously ride didn't change, but I have a lot of really bad roads I drive exactly the same speed every day, my truck tossed and skipped in the rear much more with the relocation bracket out. Axle is within a 1/4" centered both relocated and not. I'll get an adjustable here soon, center it at ride height and be done. After I shower I'll pull my rear numbers.

I'm sure this is case to case and yoir kings dampen **** like that way more than the 5125s but it's food for thought. That being said I'm pretty sure you're sitting alot lower than me in the rear, which would make a difference.

Pics are of stock and relocated bar. I apparentally didn't take a pic of mine non relocated

7cbb0d439fcbac7751d20a2b65a72d8d.jpgc24e4c52fe8e5a9015d52d58b7ac7b54.jpg

I have around 300lbs of extra weight
I never had any issues with my truck riding weird even with the Rancho shocks after installing the Icons nor with the Kings.
This is how the TB looks like today
48183671577_927c833824_h.jpg20190702_144340_HDR by RAM RSM, on Flickr

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to go find myself a level surface and see how mine sits now, it just got put on a diet. Pulled roof rack, solar panel, solar batteries, side bin, etc etc off. I found a ton of stress fractures and broken welds in my shell. Apparently it can’t hold up to the abuse I’ve been throwing at it lol. Need to do a bunch of repairs and re-think my weight management. If it still sits with a negative rake I’ll be following your lead and ordering a set of the spacers as well.

View attachment 171917

View attachment 171918
Wow that took some beating for sure :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have around 300lbs of extra weight
I never had any issues with my truck riding weird even with the Rancho shocks after installing the Icons nor with the Kings.
This is how the TB looks like today
48183671577_927c833824_h.jpg20190702_144340_HDR by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Wow, you for sure got no lift out of those coils. My tb uncorrected was much worse than that.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I got my measurements. Exactly 39 1/2 both front and rear. So that’s with absolutely nothing back there aside from the spare on the swing out. Granted I’ve had those springs in there since feb 2017. I’ll be ordering that spacer today.
Lol a beating it has taken, i’ve counted 11 broken/split welds so far on the shell.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I got my measurements. Exactly 39 1/2 both front and rear. So that’s with absolutely nothing back there aside from the spare on the swing out. Granted I’ve had those springs in there since feb 2017. I’ll be ordering that spacer today.
Lol a beating it has taken, i’ve counted 11 broken/split welds so far on the shell.
Those caps die under normal use at work, I'm impressed it lasted you this long with that abuse.

What spacers are you guys goin with?

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Those caps die under normal use at work, I'm impressed it lasted you this long with that abuse.

What spacers are you guys goin with?

I’m leaning toward a 1.5” spacer since I am sitting completely level at the moment and this is the lightest this truck will be for the foreseeable future. Something made of a poly compound to avoid any noise transfer.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the positive side you know how to weld. Imagine if it was me i figure i'll be buying a bucket of JB weld :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
You guys should be test miles for aftermarket companies

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You guys should be test miles for aftermarket companies

Lol I’m always looking for sponsors! I could only imagine how much more abuse these trucks would take if the money didn’t come out of our own pockets.