2014 Ram 3500 DRW Key fob not recognized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cane.mba

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black Out 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie

Tried to go to work this morning and my truck wouldn’t unlock. Used the valet key in the fob to open the door and the alarm went off. However, the truck wouldn’t start, everything lights up but nothing when I push the start button.

ok, easy assumption key fob battery is dead, replaced both fob batteries this evening and still nothing. Tried to start it by pushing the fob against the button and nothing.

Disconnected both truck batteries left it for 30 minutes, reconnected the batteries tried the fob and same response, nothing. I’ve even taken the fob apart and flipped the battery to make sure I didn’t put it in upside down. I’m out of ideas…. Help?

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try cycling the fob lock buttons multiple times. You may have lost RF hub connectivity. Is your trucks battery okay?

OP
OP
cane.mba

cane.mba

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black Out 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like the RF Module is dead, supplies power to the ignition switch. Unfortunately it’s not in stock and may take a couple of weeks to come in. They aren’t able to troubleshoot further until this part is replaced so it may not be the only issue.
I’ll continue to update the thread as the process continues.