2014 Ram Right Rear Speaker Inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevestevesteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
upgraded my speakers today. Truck is a factory 8.4 radio without the alpine amp/sub. Got everything together and when adjusting balance noticed the right rear speaker didn’t work. Took everything back apart and plugged the factory speaker back in, which still didn’t work. Checked voltage at door speaker and don’t have 12v. Removed the interior “b” panel and unplugged the plug that connects to the door harness. Also don’t have 12v there either. Kind of at a loss, figured it was going to be in the door, or crimped wires in the rubber boot in the door….

big red ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My right rear speaker quit working also. My issue ended up being the wiring harness connector behind the passenger side kick plate. I had to disconnect it and reconnect it and sometimes I have to bump it or wiggle it and everything works fine.
Dodge needs to fix this.
Dodge should make better.

Last edited:

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ Please fix your post. The massive spacing is unnecessary.

Op, pull the fuse in the engine compartment to reset the head unit, it will allow the head unit to “see” the new speaker again by detecting the load and allow audio for it.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
^ Please fix your post. The massive spacing is unnecessary.

Op, pull the fuse in the engine compartment to reset the head unit, it will allow the head unit to “see” the new speaker again by detecting the load and allow audio for it.

+1

what he said.

When Diagnosing, always start at the Source, then move outwards.

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is this wire harness plug exactly located, kick pad ?

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is this wire harness plug exactly located, kick pad ?
Sure it’s not the system being unable to see the speaker? I would pull the fuse to the head unit in the engine bay, let sit, plug it back in and go from there if you have not.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My right rear speaker quit working also. My issue ended up being the wiring harness connector behind the passenger side kick plate. I had to disconnect it and reconnect it and sometimes I have to bump it or wiggle it and everything works fine.
Dodge needs to fix the

Dodge should make better
Fix your damn post please. The massive spacing is totally unnecessary. Thanks.