2014 Ram upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't have figured this out without Shaggy....

Ok, I'm new to this forum thing. It's taken me around 6 minutes to figure out how to start a thread.... With that said, I'm an old school drag racer (but I'm only 50), naturally aspirated, no tuning kinda guy. I did, at one time, have the fastest production "stock" truck around and was very proud of it. It was a Dakota with a few bolt on upgrades. I have now purchased a 2014 Ram, 4x4, 5.7 and I'm looking to tow a camper, sound mean, and feel confident if I decide to jump at someone while sitting at a red light. I'm mainly looking for exhaust, muffler/s and headers, an inexpensive tuner that'll keep a stock tune plus a few for other options, and the best leveling kit without causing ball joint issues. It looks like an old man truck, street tire, lower front, bull bar and step bars. I didn't believe it was 4 wheel drive when I pulled up to look at it. But it has 56k miles and I'll probably keep it so I want a few things then I'm done. My main problem is sound. I'm looking for the whole flowmaster rumble like we ran on the streets with turn downs but I'm not sure if I should bypass the designators or not and go out the back. I was curious what bigger tips but I'm not to proud to run turn downs and leave the factory tips hanging since there's cutouts in the bumper. There's not a new Challenger around here that sounds good to me, if you know what I mean. Let me know, send me a snip-it of yours so I can hear it if you have something you're proud of, and can someone please let me know what's the most I can go on a front lift without causing issues, and simple without replacing struts and such. The tunes would be last and probably most expensive. OH I ALMOST FORGOT, is it true the trucks come with all wiring harness hookups for all options, like factory stereo swaps, adding steering wheel controls, additional factory lighting, etc.... Thanks everyone and I'm a huge Mopar guy, had several cars from a 69 Dart Super Pro car, 12 second street Dart, Sandy I'm starting to pro street my 66 Satellite I drove in high school...... mid 80s..... Yeah I'm 50. Thanks again guys....

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome got any pictures of your 66 Satellite

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
OH I ALMOST FORGOT, is it true the trucks come with all wiring harness hookups for all options, like factory stereo swaps, adding steering wheel controls, additional factory lighting, etc....

No, not exactly. Some things they all have (like the connectors for the front footwell lighting), others they do not all have (like the connectors for the REAR footwell lighting). The writeups for each mod in the DIY section usually note what you'll need to do with wiring. I've got a '14 1500 CC 5.7 myself, you can see my mod list in my sig below (sorry, no exhaust change though).

-K

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm looking to tow a camper, sound mean, and feel confident if I decide to jump at someone while sitting at a red light. I'm mainly looking for exhaust, muffler/s and headers
Depending on how much you plan on towing, you might want keep the growl down or plan on investing on sound insulation for the cab. It's one thing to listen to a engine race down the road, it can get annoying listening to it pull a load for hours on end.

OP
OP
B

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess this reply is to all, don't see a way to individually do it per reply.... My satellite isn't pretty, needs 1 quarter panel fixed, my best friend backed in to it in 87 while we were drinking and his girlfriend came over and..... Long story, but it hasn't rolled under it's own power since 88. I do have Mopar parts for A&B body's for sale and I'm looking for some things for the satellite. I'll try to scrounge up a picture though, thanks for asking. As far as the harness goes, I was thinking about swapping stereos if it's worth it, and upgrading the instrument cluster, maybe adding the floor lights and overhead console. My truck is a Crew Cab but not a well loaded model. Not really sure what model. I get the long haul exhaust ordeal. My Dakota had turndowns and I would pull my Dart to Commerce and race them both. It was a good hour ride and my Dakota wasn't quite or insulated lol. Thanks for the replies guys. Keep them coming. Have a good night.