2014 RAM1500 sport - Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Guys,

I did not use my truck for almost a month and today tried to start the vehicle and found out the battery was dead. I power boosted from my wife's car and Truck started fine and i ran it for an hour so the battery can charge and turned off the truck. Later, when i try to remote start using my key fob, the truck is totally dead. I changed the FOB battery and still the same....lock/unlock/panic works fine...

Any idea why this is happening.

Thanks for your time,
OS

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Guys,

I did not use my truck for almost a month and today tried to start the vehicle and found out the battery was dead. I power boosted from my wife's car and Truck started fine and i ran it for an hour so the battery can charge and turned off the truck. Later, when i try to remote start using my key fob, the truck is totally dead. I changed the FOB battery and still the same....lock/unlock/panic works fine...

Any idea why this is happening.

Thanks for your time,
OS

It's probably time to replace the trucks battery ,if it was totally dead,there's a good chance the alternator won't bring it back.If it's the original battery it did good to last 7 years. You could try putting a battery charger on it,but that's probably only going to be a temporary fix.Supposed to be a nice day today in Calgary,they're saying +4 for this afternoon,might be a good day to swap out a battery,lol.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said, probably time for a new battery. Most batteries don't like being left totally discharged.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks Wildone and Crash68. Truck battery was replaced in Nov 2019 and i bought it from costco. What i noticed is if i do not start my truck for 2 to 3 weeks, i have to give a boost and then only it starts (Otherwise totally dead). I dont think is the truck battery as is only 1 year old.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks Wildone and Crash68. Truck battery was replaced in Nov 2019 and i bought it from costco. What i noticed is if i do not start my truck for 2 to 3 weeks, i have to give a boost and then only it starts (Otherwise totally dead). I dont think is the truck battery as is only 1 year old.

Go to Princess Auto or Canadian Tire and buy yourself one of the old style toaster battery load testors,and check the battery to make sure it's still good.If it's been dead or run down a few times,it might be on the way out on you,even if it's only a year old.If it passes a load test,then you'll have to start diving deeper into your issue.Crappy Tire has one on sale it looks like

MotoMaster 125A Battery Load Tester Canadian Tire

100A Battery Load Tester | Princess Auto

After looking at the one Canadian Tire has on sale,this is probably the better one to have for the average guy.

MotoMaster 100A Battery Load Tester Canadian Tire

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks wildone... if is the truck battery, i think is covered in Warranty as i remember the costco guy saying it has 3 or 5 year warranty.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What i noticed is if i do not start my truck for 2 to 3 weeks, i have to give a boost and then only it starts (Otherwise totally dead)
If you regularly park the vehicle for a couple weeks at a time, buy one of these(or similar):
https://no.co/genius1

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks Crash. I did use the vehicle for 2 to 3 hours today and came home and opened my fob and did a cleaning with alcohol. I tried to start the vehicle directly from the control board without the rubber and works fine. Looks like the battery is loose and not touching the connectors..Not sure whats happening....will update you in a while.