2014 Sport, unintentional acceleration ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sentrek

sentrek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It all happened pretty fast, but it was basically full throttle, as soon as I realized my truck was moving forward although I was sitting at a red light with my foot on the brake, I put both feet on the brake as hard I as I could and I was still moving forward. So I put in in neutral and it went full redline, and at the same instant I was about to shut it off it went back to normal.
I did a google search after it happened and I am not the first person this has happened too. If you go to the link below and read the comments its happened to quite a few people.
https://www.classaction.org/dodge-ram-acceleration-lawsuit

I have an appointment at the local dealer first thing tomorrow but I don't have high hopes for any positive resolution.

I did put wider tires on it, and I had put 2" progressive rate drop springs on the rear at the same time I put the wider tires on. I thought some of the handling my have been the springs so I took those off and just cut the stock springs down. but that really didnt make any difference. So with the wider tires it does tend to pull according to any uneven surfaces in the road, and the ****-end hop I am good, I would describe the issue more like body roll. Like if you hit a un-even bump in the road, like the expansion joints on a bridge that run at an angle across the road instead of perfectly horizontal. So instead of running over it getting the initial "bump" and done, it cause the whole truck to rock side to side 4 or 5 times... if that makes sense.
Its better now with the new shocks, its not so extreme, but it is still not as good as it should be.