2015 1500 Headlight Headache

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Probably been addressed in the 1100 pages on the official ALFAOBD post, but I can't seem to find it.

I have a 2015 1500 Express, swapped my headlight housing to projector style (built in electrical and wiring to connect to the stock quad plugs no harness needed) and added the MOPAR Morimoto harness/ballasts/HIDs for low beams. I also have LED fogs, switchboard LED turn signals / running lights (wired to the battery and an add a fuse for signal), LED marker lights (integrated in the aftermarket housing), and LED high bulbs.

Everything worked fine for about a year then my low beams would shut off for half a second and immediately come back on, would happen every minute or two. No CEL, no warning, just pop off and back on intermittently. TRS sent me out a whole new harness (4x resistors, capacitor, 2x relay) and everything worked again for about a month. It started doing the same thing of shutting off for a split second then coming right back on.

Bought ALFAOBD and turned on HID in the vehicle configuration settings, unhooked the HID harness completely and had a bulb to igniter, igniter to ballast, ballast to extension cable, extension cable to factory plug setup. After doing that my low beams would not turn on at all, still no CEL or error on my dash. Tried turning on LED low beams, BI Xenon, Quads on/off, LED/HID on together. Never got a CEL but the bulbs also never came on.

Put everything back to stock on ALFAOBD, hooked the harness back up, and everything works again now (but I suspect the lights will still continue to randomly shut off once I actually get on the road for any length of time).

Anyone got any input on why the HID setting seems to have been completely ignored by my 2015? It was enabled per ALFAOBD, but my truck didn't seem to care. Or any recommendations on how to stop my low beams from intermittently flickering with the TRS MOPAR harness? I've read the 15 model year tends to be the most annoying for this type of work. 20200621_153633.jpg 20200621_153740.jpg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Probably been addressed in the 1100 pages on the official ALFAOBD post, but I can't seem to find it.

I have a 2015 1500 Express, swapped my headlight housing to projector style (built in electrical and wiring to connect to the stock quad plugs no harness needed) and added the MOPAR Morimoto harness/ballasts/HIDs for low beams. I also have LED fogs, switchboard LED turn signals / running lights (wired to the battery and an add a fuse for signal), LED marker lights (integrated in the aftermarket housing), and LED high bulbs.

Everything worked fine for about a year then my low beams would shut off for half a second and immediately come back on, would happen every minute or two. No CEL, no warning, just pop off and back on intermittently. TRS sent me out a whole new harness (4x resistors, capacitor, 2x relay) and everything worked again for about a month. It started doing the same thing of shutting off for a split second then coming right back on.

Bought ALFAOBD and turned on HID in the vehicle configuration settings, unhooked the HID harness completely and had a bulb to igniter, igniter to ballast, ballast to extension cable, extension cable to factory plug setup. After doing that my low beams would not turn on at all, still no CEL or error on my dash. Tried turning on LED low beams, BI Xenon, Quads on/off, LED/HID on together. Never got a CEL but the bulbs also never came on.

Put everything back to stock on ALFAOBD, hooked the harness back up, and everything works again now (but I suspect the lights will still continue to randomly shut off once I actually get on the road for any length of time).

Anyone got any input on why the HID setting seems to have been completely ignored by my 2015? It was enabled per ALFAOBD, but my truck didn't seem to care. Or any recommendations on how to stop my low beams from intermittently flickering with the TRS MOPAR harness? I've read the 15 model year tends to be the most annoying for this type of work. View attachment 214831 View attachment 214832

My 2015 sport has the factory projectors, HID's and Alfa without the extra wiring harness.

I suspect it has to do with the way your turn signals are wired in. The canbus system doesn't like how it's setup. Unfortunately its going to be trial and error to fix unless someone has your setup with the same repeatable problem.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. Designate all your parking lights, and signal locations. Set target voltage to 13v for low and high beam and 8.7? For parking / drl. Set enable bi xenon. Are the quads. Maybe. Enable High intensity discharge. Enable Led fogs. Set target voltage to left and right corner to 13v. And ill send you 2 gens of Morimoto crap
Its all trash to me. Most overamped thing that couldn't work in my 13 15 or 17. So Amazon innovated HID FOR $60, 3 years. 1 bulb burnt. And it told me when appropriate. Sorry but I think the brand is the problem