2015 1500 hemi finally needing tires....what are your suggestions & providers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just had Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T put on all around. $1200 installed and balanced . 60K warranty $100 rebate. 16\32 tread depth and best tires I've ever owned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-114630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220807-114630_Gallery.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220804_135416.jpg
    20220804_135416.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 22

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m in the same boat. Have used tires that are almost bare brothers Duratracs. Like the aggressiveness but am thinking about going to the falkens. I have a 4 inch super lift if that matters.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T put on all around. $1200 installed and balanced . 60K warranty $100 rebate. 16\32 tread depth and best tires I've ever owned.
What did you have prior…. I have worn duratracs thinking of going fallen or maybe even these.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I got about 50k on a set of Yokohamas. Only problem was the traction was sub par on wet roads in the later months even though the tread was still legal.

I replaced them with Continental Cross Contact. These have equal or higher wear ratings than Michelin, and a much, much lower
price.

Got mine at National Tire and Battery NTB and they matched the very low Sams Club price. You will not find a better, longer lasting tire for the money. I expect 60-70k miles, mostly highway.

Eric L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What did you have prior…. I have worn duratracs thinking of going fallen or maybe even these.
I had no name street tire in other words junk!

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Non Truck tires will give considerably better mileage. Love my Yokohama Geolanders ATs. Only Firestone Destination ATs did better on my comparison on Tire Rack, and Yoko's were right behind them on scoring, and $35 cheaper per tires. I wanted good wet/dry/snow/ice traction, and QUIET going down the road. 36K and still love em.

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to buy tires for years at Costco. Never again.

Why?

Had 2 bad experiences with them. The worst one-Installer cracked a magnesium rim.

The final straw was having a warranty issue, got no support. Manager gave me the Michelin 800 number to call. Said I had to prove tires were rotated every 5000 miles at Costco or he could not help me. Normal servicing at my shop did not count.

Anyone at Costco spent more time attempting to belittle me and talk around my issue rather than help. This treatment was not only to me but my 22 year old as well.

My goto shop figured out the cracked rim out in 2 seconds.
I never followed up the warranty issue.

Sorry Costco, a word never said to me, we’re done with your tires.

Fatboyjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in Southern Spain and run a 2015 Ram 1500 on 275/60R20 Toyo Open Country AT plus. My ‘commute‘ is a mix of dirt track, dry river bed and shoddy tarmac. They’ve stood up well and I’ve just replaced a pair with the same. I can only recommend them highly.

16MaxSteelOutdoorsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Cooper Discoverer AT3, they are great for the money. I drive it to work everyday and pull a small travel trailer.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4wd Crew Cab
Cooper AT3 XLT 275/65R20, 5% increase in aspect ratio over stock.
On my 2nd set.
Pros: Improved cornering, excellent in the wet, low noise considering tread, look great.
Cons: Pricey
To offset the price, I change them out at 45K with 6-7/32" left and sell them.
Pays for one of the four new tires. Keep them on and you'll get 65K or so.
View attachment 502867
I'm currently running AT3+ XLT (E rated). I'll probably get 40k miles out of them, but at 35k they are getting noisy and a little choppy on the outside edges (I rotate every 5k and alignment is perfect).

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to buy tires for years at Costco. Never again.

Why?

Had 2 bad experiences with them. The worst one-Installer cracked a magnesium rim.

The final straw was having a warranty issue, got no support. Manager gave me the Michelin 800 number to call. Said I had to prove tires were rotated every 5000 miles at Costco or he could not help me. Normal servicing at my shop did not count.

Anyone at Costco spent more time attempting to belittle me and talk around my issue rather than help. This treatment was not only to me but my 22 year old as well.

My goto shop figured out the cracked rim out in 2 seconds.
I never followed up the warranty issue.

Sorry Costco, a word never said to me, we’re done with your tires.
I stay away from Costco and Sams for tires. Sure, they have some good deals, but they only stick to OEM sizes and will argue with you until you are blue in the face. Discount Tire and Firestone have NEVER argued with me, no matter what size I run.

Squire Rick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a set of 295/70 NITTO (General)Grapplers on ‘19 Longhorn. Only put a few hundred miles on them, so far so good. More aggressive tread than I’ll probably ever need, but who knows.
4C3DB082-9711-4B8F-B9E0-9E955FDE767C.jpeg

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm currently running AT3+ XLT (E rated). I'll probably get 40k miles out of them, but at 35k they are getting noisy and a little choppy on the outside edges (I rotate every 5k and alignment is perfect).
What size are you using and at what PSI? I have 20' wheels and run them between 45-50 PSI. My wear is even all the way across. I'm a bit surprised at your experience with the AT3 XLT's. I agree as they wear the noise level goes up.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I just got Cooper AT3 4S, They are a light duty tire not a 10 ply, more like a 4 ply tire,
If you off road you want a heavy duty tire Very quiet good for all 4 seasons handle well and less then $200.00 a tire if you shop around.

Mopar440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (345cid)
That makes more sense. Still you're getting a lot more out of them than I did. Here's mine at 19K just before I sold the 3 remaining for $45.
Those things were tipsy while cornering:
View attachment 502920
Well yours seem to have a little more tread than mine at current. In addition to keeping them properly inflated and not spinning them, I also rotate them regularly. I don't haul a lot with my truck, but when I do, it is usually in a trailer...not sure if that makes a difference. As I mentioned, I run 17 Rebel wheels in the winter. Still on the original Toyo Open Country's. Not sure what I will go to when they wear out, but it will be a winter rated, heavy lug tire.

I found my Good Years handled alright. Lately I have been throwing it into the corners through some "S" bends around here and it's been hugging the road. I also have the 4 corner air ride, so that also has the stability control feature as well. That could be the difference. I am impressed how well the truck handles for a 6000 Lb tank.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Squire Rick: I just put a set of 295/70 NITTO (General)Grapplers on ‘19 Longhorn. Only put a few hundred miles on them, so far so good. More aggressive tread than I’ll probably ever need, but who knows.

Rick: The tread on those looks like a good balance between really aggressive and decent longevity. Looks like a nice tire! :waytogo:

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BF Goodrich KO2 I'm on the 2nd set about to be the 3rd, I get 60k-65k miles per set on average

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pic of my tk with the new 265/70R17 Coopers, installed a few days ago. Rated 115T. She's a plain-jane Hemi 4x4 pickup (upgraded stereo!), so the ONLY thing that dresses it up are the wheels ....LOL :cool: . Not as fancy as some of your guys nice rigs! I toyed going one size larger, but the 275 selection isn't that great and I was lured by the sale price. So I stayed with stock. I hardly put many miles on/yr these days.

Truck_New_Tires_9_2022.jpg

Total price, incl taxes, ended up being $605: $519(tires on sale from Walmart.com)+$8 (mounting & disposal)+ $78 (Road Force Balancing and rim-matching) = $605. I sprung for the premium balancing job and I stood right there helping my buddy at the Chevy garage and we got each balanced as low as we could: 5#, 9#, 10# & 16# which is a pretty good score for a large tire (and being Coopers). They were all really 'true', which I was glad to see. I did spring for new Mopar Press sensors $50 for 4(ebay).

So far so good: They run out quiet & smoooth as but-teerrrrr!!

New Tires Cooper Discoverer_Installed.jpg
I've used many of the tires other guys have suggested in this thread, and I wouldn't be afraid to run any of them. These are an economy tire, good for highway driving. If yer heavy hauling or trailer towing, these wouldn't be the tires for you. Choose a tire that meets your specific needs.

Last edited: