2015 2500 diesel exhaust injector problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboy44ms

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 diesel
Engine
6.7 diesel
this is my first post and I am not mechancily inclined. I have had problemes
with my !5 Ram 2500 diesel from the start but here is my problem.
I only have 55,800 miles on the truck. A message popped up saying Diesel exhaust problem
see dealer. The dealer said it was the diesel injector. I did not have dealer install but ordered
from ORileys. the injector was installed drove 12 miles and check engine lightand message appeared
again,now they say I NEED A INJECTOR PUMPetc and will cost around $2,700 to fix!
I am fed up!! what shouldI do?? I have heard about deleting the exhaust system but get conflicting
opinons on what to do>.For my use the truck has enough power and torque. I am interested in fuel
economy ( If I Keep the truck),
what type progamer is best,what horsepower setting, what else do I need?
What should be the total cost for the system?
I will appreciate any comments,suggestions etc

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
First you need to find out if your home state/county has emissions laws that will make it illegal to mess with the emissions control.

Second, who is doing the work for you? Do you have a code scanner? Every person that owns a car built after 1996 should have their own code scanner. If you have a CEL you should have codes. What are they? If you don't have one, Oriely's will tell you what they are. Who said you need a new (DEF?) injector pump?

Third, Find a reputable shop you can trust. Reputable shops provide warranties and don't replace things and then say now you need a new...... I said reputable.

What kind and how much depends on who's doing the work. A tuner is not for the meek. Especially when you are deleting. Know what you are doing before you mess with it.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I won’t push deleting, but I won’t blame ya for doing it.

OP
OP
C

cowboy44ms

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 diesel
Engine
6.7 diesel
I don't know what to do<but I hate to spend $2,500 on a DEF pump
and still have problems

MyTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Mine is 2015 also with 60K miles in it. If it cost $2700 to fix, I'd delete it. At this point, I have no plans of selling it anymore. I just can't imagine paying $2700 for an injector pump.