2015 5.7 2500 Ram 4x4 crank no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junk dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please help, I have a 2015 Ram 2500 with 5.7 hemi. I have had this truck for almost a year. When I bought the truck it died on the way home from dealership and it would crank but wouldn’t start. The dealership put a fuel pump in it and ran a new power wire to fuel pump. Now every once in a while after driving it and it will die and crank but won’t start. If I let it set for some time from 30 minutes to 3 hours. It will start and run. It doesn’t throw any codes. The dealership has check fuel pump relay and a lot of other things. They can’t get truck to do it again. They have had it for 3 weeks and nothing. Please can someone help me where do look. I can’t even enjoy the truck.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:party36: :welcome: :party36: I hope you can get your trucks problems sorted.
2.JPG

Technician07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L turbo
May be the crankshaft position sensor. Cheap and easy to swap out and check… i had a similar issue with long cranking to start and intermittent no start condition, and it was caught out as a crankshaft sensor error when we were tuning the pcm. It only showed the bad sensor in the tuning software and not as an error code in the factory pcm. Swapped in an OEM replacement and problems solved. No further issues and it’s been 3 years on that new sensor