2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so the original title states 2015..... I also have a 2015 and have a different front bin. I like the one you have better. Does anyone know if that one fits in the OEM 2015 center console?

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
so the original title states 2015..... I also have a 2015 and have a different front bin. I like the one you have better. Does anyone know if that one fits in the OEM 2015 center console?

From 2010-2018 all the console parts are the same. The top bin changed in 2014 the more rounded bin but will still swap out. The front rubber mat for the bin is different but can be bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
Long time lurker to get this project done but I created an account just for this question -
Swapped a console from a 2014 into my 2020 Classic, i'm getting "hub not supported" and it's not reading my device/charging even in the console. Anyone got an idea?

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Long time lurker to get this project done but I created an account just for this question -
Swapped a console from a 2014 into my 2020 Classic, i'm getting "hub not supported" and it's not reading my device/charging even in the console. Anyone got an idea?

You will need to change the media hub to a 2018+ hub. You will also need the wiring adapter from https://www.kaodtech.com/. Or take the hub from your jump seat you removed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I recently did the console swap, went to reuse my wiring harness from my classic to retain the media hub and when I was looking at it this wire seemed very loose and it fell out of the harness.
Does anyone know where it goes ? I pulled back some tape and couldn't figure out where it tied into..

20210205_215646.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recently did the console swap, went to reuse my wiring harness from my classic to retain the media hub and when I was looking at it this wire seemed very loose and it fell out of the harness.
Does anyone know where it goes ? I pulled back some tape and couldn't figure out where it tied into..

View attachment 236572

I have a harness in my basement somewhere. If I can find it I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would appreciate it that. Thanks so much !

How you have it layed out is pretty much his it will be reconnected. In mine those two wires are taped up separately then incorporated into the large wire loom.

You'll find the break here some where:

027b4b6fe0f3038e6d2a73ec8bbbacf5.jpg

And be reconnecting the blue/pink wire and black wire to their counterpart in the main harness...

92fa0b2f505c0e1d6b073d125dbbfd0e.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I appreciate you sending those pics! I went and pulled back 16" of tape, no breaks and I don't have a blue/pink wire. I'm wondering if it was just loose in the harness, taped in there and not needed. I'll just leave it for now, lol.

Last edited:

ramman09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
can anyone tell me how to wire up my new 2016 console with the usb aux and sd slot in my 09 ram all i had was a cig plug in my old one any help is grealy appreiated thx

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Did this swap on my 2016 SLT and it was really easy, took my son and I about 2 hours after reading this whole thread and watching 1 Youtube video which was really spot on. I did not remove the front seats everything was pretty easy to get to. I unbolted the front 2 bolts from the passenger seat and the 2 rear bolts about 1/2 way, proper it up and was able to get to the 4 bolts holding the jump seat to the front seat with an extension racket and deep socket. The wiring was plug and play just a little rerouting of the usb and harness a little complete plug and play, just reroute the harness under carpet thru slit in rug and it will reach the front of ur console if u unclip them and double side tape to inner wall of console, everything works great read this post for any missing parts and ur good to go. Have the jump seat with all trim pieces available if anyone in the NJ area is interested.(grey with the older media hub intact.) Again not hard and this thread helps a bunch make my truck look a lot better seat up grad is next

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
so everything from the 2013+ consoles still bolt up zero issues? i have a 2012 SLT so want to make sure the non laramie center console will hook up directly. What did you do with your two 12v plug adapters? did you remove them and use the wiring/plugs for the wiring in the center console?

john.hamelin.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
So I'm waiting on the radio bezel, can I install everything now and then tie in the radio bezel after or will the council not fit with the stock bezel in place

HighShyGuy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is the Silver Vent/Radio Bezel different between the Jump seat and the center console setup?
I ask as I'm swapping to a center console from jumpseat, and purchased JUST the radio bezel (for dual zone atc from manual, the black part with the ATC buttons), not the entire bezel (not the vents, switches etc).
(I purchased the bezel for my ATC 8.4 swap)

Or will my jump seat silver trim around the bezel work once I remove the drawer from the bottom?
It looks like once I remove the bottom drawer from my dash, the center console will but right up to it...

Just want a warm fuzzy as I'm grabbing all the parts from a local yard

HighShyGuy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I picked up a center console from a 2017, 1500 for my 2018 2500 tradesman.
Of course, I didn't get the brackets or air duct adapter parts.

I see the bracket part numbers (from this topic here) -
55365121AD - Rear Bracket
55365120AB - Front bracket

I also need the AC ducts as i wasn't given the bits between the console and the dash -
68049979AA - Rear AC Duct (From Z duct to console)
55056931AB - Front Duct (Z Duct)

Can someone confirm, mainly the two duct piece part numbers?