2015 EcoDiesel Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
You have had multiple vehicles lemon lawed?

I have only gone through lemon law proceedings once, on a 2004 Chevy 2500, but I have come to the brink on several Fords, and '95 Tahoe.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because its not part of the sales contract. The warrantee is, and that's what they'll follow. They already registered the truck and it is no longer a new truck. The dealer isn't going to eat it, it will be up to Chrysler and they will follow their warrantee procedures.
It depends on the situation and what is wrong with the vehicle. But I have seen it happen. Having a vehicle lemon lawed because your service department can't fix it probably doesn't look too good.

AOFA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins I6
I have had my 14 Ed for 12000km.. No issues other than putting more DEF than I thought. Amazing fuel consumption and reliability so far.

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
So here's my update. Truck still at the dealer and they still can't figure it out. They have had the truck 8 of the 14 days I have owned it. The dealer says only Chrysler can resolve this. Chrysler says I just have to wait. If you buy a Ram because you actually need a truck you are screwed. I cannot get my horses to the vet if they get sick or any of the other reasons I bought a 4WD truck (I live in a ski area). They tried to give me a minivan which wouldn't even get me home- finally I got a jeep, but I bought a truck for a reason. Everybody is your best friend when you are buying the truck, but a whole different attitude sets in when you try to get it fixed. My Ford Powerstrokes have all gone over 100K with nothing but oil changes. I think I made a mistake.

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
Latest update- they will have the 2nd alternator in on 12/17 and will try to fix it again. By then I will have owned the truck for 20 days, and it will have been in the shop for 16. Why am I not confident?

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious....have you tried another dealer? Defiantly open a case with ram, and keep all of the paperwork.

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
Ram decides which dealer it goes to for repair- it has to be the closest, even though that is 100 miles. They would not tow it to the dealer I purchased from. They act like they are doing me a big favor by providing a rental, even though I had to catch a ride 100 miles to get it. The least any other manufacturer would do (provide a rental) seems to be the most they will do. I have opened a case with Chrysler Corporate- they are much LESS helpful than the dealers- it feels like they are reading from a script designed not to commit to anything.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here's my update. Truck still at the dealer and they still can't figure it out. They have had the truck 8 of the 14 days I have owned it. The dealer says only Chrysler can resolve this. Chrysler says I just have to wait. If you buy a Ram because you actually need a truck you are screwed. I cannot get my horses to the vet if they get sick or any of the other reasons I bought a 4WD truck (I live in a ski area). They tried to give me a minivan which wouldn't even get me home- finally I got a jeep, but I bought a truck for a reason. Everybody is your best friend when you are buying the truck, but a whole different attitude sets in when you try to get it fixed. My Ford Powerstrokes have all gone over 100K with nothing but oil changes. I think I made a mistake.

that's really dirty of them. dealer had my truck for a day to fix the radio and said i could take home any vehicle on the lot as long as it was a truck. i asked why it had to be a truck and they said their policy for loaners is that you get the same type of vehicle as you bought. i of course took a 3500 dually they had sitting there which was probably a mistake because i fell in love lol

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's really dirty of them. dealer had my truck for a day to fix the radio and said i could take home any vehicle on the lot as long as it was a truck. i asked why it had to be a truck and they said their policy for loaners is that you get the same type of vehicle as you bought. i of course took a 3500 dually they had sitting there which was probably a mistake because i fell in love lol
Never heard of that. Most dealers have a fleet of loaner cars and trucks that are owner and registered to the dealer that they use as loaners. Most places won't let you grab any new vehicle off the lot.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You'd think that after owning for just 4 days they'd just get you into a new truck, fix that one and sell it as a demo

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Ram decides which dealer it goes to for repair- it has to be the closest, even though that is 100 miles. They would not tow it to the dealer I purchased from. They act like they are doing me a big favor by providing a rental, even though I had to catch a ride 100 miles to get it. The least any other manufacturer would do (provide a rental) seems to be the most they will do. I have opened a case with Chrysler Corporate- they are much LESS helpful than the dealers- it feels like they are reading from a script designed not to commit to anything.
Yeah, this whole thing is horse****. Grab a lawyer and document everything. Get everything in writing. If it's legal in your state, record the phone calls too.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer just called enterprise and had them deliver me a rental of my choice and bill the dealer. They had a 1500, so that's what I rented. They brought it to me at the dealership where I dropped my truck off, but would have brought it to me anywhere.

I felt like the daily rental charge motivates them to get the truck fixed sooner.

Last edited:

Crazy4info

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. That's BS all the way. Keep us posted. I find this a learning thread as to how Chrysler will handle themselves after a problem.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I have been down this road with Ford, GM, Toyota, and Volvo. They all sing from the same hymn book. If you think Ford or Chevy would treat you any better, you're mistaken. When my '04 Chevy spent most of the year I owned it in the shop the only loaner I could get was a damn Scion. My son, who was six at the time, called it the "clown car". None of that changed the fact that this whole deal sux, and believe me I feel for you.

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
Picked up the truck yesterday after a total of 14 days @ the dealership. It now has the second alternator as well as a fix for "crossed wires" from the factory. How does that happen? I will hope for the best.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sounds like a complicated solution for a simple mistake. hopefully this latest fix does the trick.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Picked up the truck yesterday after a total of 14 days @ the dealership. It now has the second alternator as well as a fix for "crossed wires" from the factory. How does that happen? I will hope for the best.

I wish you the best and hope that does it. I had to have my roof repainted and didn't have any of the issues you had, I got a rental cars he day I dropped my truck off and it was a ram 1500, it took them longer to fix it than they had said but I didn't have to fight.

As far as everyone saying the dealer should take the truck back that is completely wrong, the dealer sold the truck that what they do buy sell trade, chrysler is responseable for warranty and the repairs. If someone was to buy or take the truck back it would be them, it would be wrong for the dealership to eat it, they are not who built the product. When a normal retailer such as honedepot takes back a product on a return that doesn't work they will be credited by the manufacture for that product they lose no money that's the way it works. The dealer didn't brake the truck, if they did they would be responseable at that point.

RLJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm feeling the pain as well.. 2015 Larmie w less than 500mi. Check engine light is on currently, after being in the dealer 3 x. It has been going thru a regen cycle 2x per day back to back. Chrysler is going to replace the DPF but not sure when it will be in. All of the fault codes are related to the DPF.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know about this as well. I have a 14 crew cab in the shop needing a new bcm and rear diff rebuild at 4800 miles on the clock. Not even on its first oil change and needs new parts....

FML