2015 EcoDiesel Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jugchoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know about this as well. I have a 14 crew cab in the shop needing a new bcm and rear diff rebuild at 4800 miles on the clock. Not even on its first oil change and needs new parts....

FML

I had a 99 Ford power stroke that blew the locker rear diff at about the same milage. Problems followed that fix fix for the next 175K miles, but with less and less severity. First off, they replaced the guts with a non-locker, but did not clean the case. That caused a speed sensor to get coated with debris and nasty burned grease film. It took sensor replacement and a number of subsequent cleanings to keep it operating. Each cleaning then increased the time frame before the next was needed.

So far, with the 2015 ECD, there has been only a slight problem with the electronic throttle linkage, (if one can call that.) And I am not sure that it's been fixed yet. And yes, I am aware of others having the same problem.

Otherwise, I have been loving the truck, especially, compared to the 2011 POS, that the Ford ecoboost was!

CRTh2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Eco Diesel Computer Failure

Took Delivery of a 2016 Laramie Longhorn 1500 Eco Diesel on Tuesday night. It sat in the garage until the weekend when it came out for groceries and a quick run to the lake. Having driven a total of 190 miles and after loading a couple hundred dollars of groceries mostly frozen into a remotely started truck a complete system failure occurred. The windshield wipers activated the motor shutdown and numerous codes and oooh all the pretty flashing lights started. After disconnecting the battery with the intent of attempting a system restore it ended up on the flatbed. After once again disconnecting the battery to stop all the quite unique things that were happening. At this point 4 days later a diagnosis of the computer control module has been made. There lies the problem, it is back ordered with an estimated week to 10 days for delivery. The shop guys seem baffled by this and claim to never have scene this happen before. If so why is the part BACK ORDERED ? The dealership has been fair to work with and provided a similar hemi powered 1500 for my use. At this point I don't even believe it has been titled so I HOPE my options are still open. My previsous 2011 HD 2500 and 2013 HD 3500 Rams never left me stranded

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
Here in SC we have a buyers remorse law if within 3 days you can cancel any contract for full refund. Many other states also have buyers remorse laws check with your states consumer affairs office/attorney general.

My 14 Jeep Eco limited 4x4 has been flawless for 28,000 miles and 2 1/2 years. Getting 24 -27 running 75mph down the interstate with 800lbs of cargo.

I am getting average of 25 around town.

Good luck guys getting your problems fixed.

Call local news consumer trouble shooter tell them of crappy support from ram on your new purchase.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here in SC we have a buyers remorse law if within 3 days you can cancel any contract for full refund. Many other states also have buyers remorse laws check with your states consumer affairs office/attorney general.

My 14 Jeep Eco limited 4x4 has been flawless for 28,000 miles and 2 1/2 years. Getting 24 -27 running 75mph down the interstate with 800lbs of cargo.

I am getting average of 25 around town.

Good luck guys getting your problems fixed.

Call local news consumer trouble shooter tell them of crappy support from ram on your new purchase.

There's no such thing as buyers remorse for automobiles. Those laws are only for certain types of contracts. If he were to take his truck back then the dealer can't sell it as a new vehicle. Once the title is filed for then it's a used vehicle, regardless of mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diogenes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
2015 ram 1500 eco diesel owner

My 2015 EcoDiesel has been a total disaster. I have had it for less than 2 weeks with less than 825 miles. It has been towed to the dealer twice with total system shutdowns. Both times I have been stranded by the side of the road in sub 10 degree weather. First the alternator was replaced but I barely got it home and it shut down again. This time they replaced a computer component but they still cannot get it running. The local dealer is trying hard, but I can't say that Chrysler has been very helpful. At the moment I own a $55k lawn ornament.

hi, i have 76k miles on a 2015 laramie eco diesel i get 25 mpg but drive mostly highway the truck has been great, only basic maintence. the interior is a little cheap. Once they fix your truck, you will love it!!

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

thread-resurrection-PTL.jpg

DieselKolbe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I have 2015 ED with 39K miles on it. Its going through a laundry list of problems. I have had the injectors replaced twice, fuel lines replaced, my booster was leaking, module problems. My truck is back in the shop to get the injectors replaced again. I wont see it for another 2-3 weeks. I waited a year to get this one, to get the kinks out. Im debating to get a hemi or the cummins now.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have 2015 ED with 39K miles on it. Its going through a laundry list of problems. I have had the injectors replaced twice, fuel lines replaced, my booster was leaking, module problems. My truck is back in the should to get the injectors replaced again. I wont see it for another 2-3 weeks. I waited a year to get this one, to get the kinks out. Im debating to get a hemi or the cummins now.

Going through two sets of injectors and replacing the fuel lines sounds a bit odd. Did they replace the HPFP also? Was the fuel tank dropped and cleaned out also?
Either you have had some bad luck with the fuel system or sounds you may need to find a new dealer to have your truck fixed at.
A lot of repeat problems are usually due more to who is doing the work and not so much the parts themselves.

DieselKolbe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
They haven't dropped the tank yet. The first set of injectors were swapped in Feb of this year. I took it back to the dealer on Apr 4th and they say the injectors, fuel lines, plus more will need to be swapped. So far the total for this visit just parts is over $3k. Makes me think they should of swapped more than injectors the first time.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Took Delivery of a 2016 Laramie Longhorn 1500 Eco Diesel on Tuesday night. It sat in the garage until the weekend when it came out for groceries and a quick run to the lake. Having driven a total of 190 miles and after loading a couple hundred dollars of groceries mostly frozen into a remotely started truck a complete system failure occurred. The windshield wipers activated the motor shutdown and numerous codes and oooh all the pretty flashing lights started. After disconnecting the battery with the intent of attempting a system restore it ended up on the flatbed. After once again disconnecting the battery to stop all the quite unique things that were happening. At this point 4 days later a diagnosis of the computer control module has been made. There lies the problem, it is back ordered with an estimated week to 10 days for delivery. The shop guys seem baffled by this and claim to never have scene this happen before. If so why is the part BACK ORDERED ? The dealership has been fair to work with and provided a similar hemi powered 1500 for my use. At this point I don't even believe it has been titled so I HOPE my options are still open. My previsous 2011 HD 2500 and 2013 HD 3500 Rams never left me stranded
if hasn't been titled get your money back asap

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The pcm failed and will be replaced. It happens, enjoy your new ride after the repair.