2015 Laramie Limited advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOMBER52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8
I will apologize upfront, I am not a current RAM owner, but I am hoping to be depending on info. I have come across a high mileage 15 Limited with 130k miles. I haven't seen it yet but I'm trying to research info on this model at the given miles to find out any issues it may experience or needs that may arise. Also, what the forum may feel this truck is worth. I know what kbb says and I have looked at some comps but the number is limited with that many miles. It seems the diesel engine version is a little more than the Hemi. I may be looking at it in the next week or 2 so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have found that forum specific groups usually provide valuable insight so I turned here for help. Thanks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do some research on the problem concerning exhaust manifold bolts and manifold's warping. There is a current thread about this in the 4th gen Performance section.
Jay

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Do lots of reading. Make note of common topics and issues. Manifold bolts, hemi tick, maintenance, etc. The trans and lifter/cam repair isn't cheap. Has the trans been serviced?You want to start the truck cold. Does the motor tick? Any local hemi garages around to check it out? Best riding 4wd truck out there imo. Awesome in the snow. The limited will be loaded.

OP
OP
B

BOMBER52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8
Thanks for the responses so far. I have been doing a lot of reading and making a list of questions and things to look for, manifold work being one. I rode in a '17 last summer and loved the interior and that along with reviews on here makes me think this is the truck for me since the opportunity came up. I do like my current ride but I have owned it since 2004 and wouldn't mind something fresh in the garage.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well its a crap shoot when you buy a used truck. The way I would look at it if the guy who is selling it, kept up with the truck.You can see like the engine bay whats up its all dirty ,wires cut and spliced. Then you got to look at the outside. the inside. Then go for it, or not its really a crap shoot like I say.See if the owner has any bills for repairs or stuff he has done. Tires are good,because you,ll spend another grand just on that. well good luck.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how long you plan on keeping the truck? thats alot of miles for a 15, sure it has to do with alot of highway miles. why is he selling? you can get a carfax on it and check it out. Is it a good deal if you have to dump money into it, thats the question

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Ask the seller where he had the truck serviced. Ask to see repair receipts and any maintenance receipts. If you can get the VIN#, you can go to the dealer the seller used to service the truck and ask the service manager about any major repairs. They might not answer you but I've gotten answers this way when researching used vehicles. I had an Acura dealer tell me when the timing belt was replaced, for example, a crucial bit of knowledge for that make/model. Best to go in person than to call because you are seen as a person and not merely a voice on the phone.

OP
OP
B

BOMBER52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8
It is almost all highway miles as he's in sales. It sounds like he is a spare no expense, keep things up type of individual, coming from someone else I trust close to the person. I will likely plan on keeping the truck for awhile as it will be pretty loaded on options and do everything I need it to do. Since I already have a truck, I can easily walk away from this one if something is wrong or if he asks too much for it. I will try to snag vin if I can. The way it sounds, he likely won't mind.

OP
OP
B

BOMBER52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8
So, in my research, I've stumbled across folks that have experienced air suspension failures. How common is this and is it truly worse in colder climates?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I have read about them, the people that have not had any trouble with them really like the system. People that have had problems think it's a real pain in the ass---just about what you'd expect---LOL
Jay

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much is he asking for it? Personally I love my HEMI's but am leery of used ones considering how picky they are about oil and filters. The used one I bought last month had a shade over 31K on it. My truck has 29K on it and the two of them couldn't sound more different.

OP
OP
B

BOMBER52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8
How much is he asking for it? Personally I love my HEMI's but am leery of used ones considering how picky they are about oil and filters. The used one I bought last month had a shade over 31K on it. My truck has 29K on it and the two of them couldn't sound more different.
We haven't had a chance to meet and go over it so not sure on asking price. Hard to match up schedules at the moment but hopefully soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio