2015 Laramie Longhorn water leak--front passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnmwmd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a heavy rain, I have had water accumulating on the front passenger side floor. I can tell it is coming from behind the glove box, and it shorted out my A/C module (which has been out for the past week). Took it to Safelite today, and they checked the windshield seal, and it was intact and fine. The tech did find that there was a leak where a piece of aluminum foil-type insulation is glued over a plenum (?) which is under the windshield cowl, and they temporarily fixed it with some window wrap. Water was accumulating next to the foil and leaking under it. He said he has seen this a few times before. I'm not sure what this part is called or why it is there. I only got a brief look at it before they closed it up. Can anyone shed some light on what this part is called, what kind of adhesive to use with it and what its purpose is?

Attachments

• tempImageo5C9IB.png
    tempImageo5C9IB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImageYHkT6X.png
    tempImageYHkT6X.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 3.09.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 3.09.00 PM.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 22

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
There are 2 drain holes one on each side of the the truck under the windshield wiper plastic cowl. They usually get full of debris, you are going to need a thin bottle brush and and air compressor to clean them out.

OP
OP
J

johnmwmd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, what is the purpose of the foil material covering the drain hole on the right side?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited: