2015 Longhorn mirror swap tech info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a 2015 Laramie Longhorn that had tow mirrors but did not want them. Had dealer change them to standard mirrors. They function okay except for power fold and auto dim. I know that different door modules and drivers door switch need to be changed out, but need to know if the BCM or what ever controls the mirror functions can be programmed with the right sales code if I change out the modules etc.

Thanks for any info.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you didn't have power folding mirrors before you would need to change both door modules and drivers side door switch obviously and have the sales code LER flashed by the dealer. If you already had the power fold mirrors from everything I have read they should work. If you already had power fold mirrors have the dealer check and see if there are different sales codes for the mirrors you changed to. Also make sure the mirrors you installed actualy are power folding. They should have a light blue wire and a yellow wire in the connector plug.

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It can be done, but there's one big issue with it. Adding the sales code, for some reason getting that particular code added can be a pain. Usually when we add a sales code we go to our dealer tech website go through it and get it added, but for some reason the power folding mirror code isn't listed in our list of codes that can be added. We've had to call our tech line guys to get them to add it, and at that point it depends on if they will actually do it for us.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen a few people add the power folding mirrors on there Laramie and Longhorns. The LER code was already there on both of them. All they had to do was have the codes flashed. On a truck as highly optioned as a Loghorn that power folding mirrors are an option on I would be suprised if the code wasn't there on his options list as well. Would just take a minute for them to check. On the other hand I was not so lucky on my Express and had to wire in my own switches because obviously my truck didn't have the code as it was never offered on an Express.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It seems to be hit or miss, some trucks we've been able to add it ourselves, others we haven't. The sales code won't be added to the vin if the truck did not come with it from the factory. It may just be that certain trim levels have it in the list of codes that can be added. Once it's added to the vin then you perform a vehicle reconfiguration which updates all the needed modules with that sales code so they can operate the power folding mirrors.

OP
OP
B

BigA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mirrors that the dealership put on came from the salesman's truck! They are power folding. Not too concerned about getting that function to work but was under the impression that the auto dim should work. Thought that the tow mirrors had that function as the sales brochure I have says so in the description but I later found out tow mirrors do not have auto dim.
Getting the power fold to work would be a bonus but would really like to get the auto dim functioning. Already have the correct modules and door switch panel to install, rolled the dice in hopes of a solution for re-programming the sales code.

Thanks for the replies.