2015 no right turn signal good fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisDB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have extensive experience with vehicle electrical...
The factory harnesses appear untouched. Under the fuse box and in the rear by the trailer plugs (there are two plugs a 4 pin and a seven pin and both have one side working but not the other). There is only one fuse in place for the trailer turn signals, the fuse is in the right turn signal but it kills the left trailer turn signal, which is the only one that works... The left trailer turn signal has no fuse or wires going to that fuse. I pulled the fuse box to see if any wires came loose and if it looked tampered with, but could find no wires that may go to the left fuse at all. If anyone has any ideas how I can correct this it would be much appreciated. I know that one way would be to tie the plug into the rear tail light but that isn't very Profesional... TIA

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what changed between 2013 and 2015 but in 2013 there are two fuses, one for the left side trailer turn signal/brake light and one for the right side trailer turn signal/brake light. Does the right side brake light work on the trailer ?

OP
OP
D

DennisDB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No, the left side works as it should but it is working off the fuse that is for the right side. But if I pull the right side fuse, the left side is then completely dead. As I said the fuse for the left side isn't there and no wires for it either. Yeah tell me how that happened, it had to be a major screw up from the factory.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well according to the 2015 owners manual F81 is Trailer Tow Right Turn/Stop Lights and and F53 for the left side. Seems unlikely a fuse is not only missing but also not wired up, unless something has been messed with. However the trailer turn/stop lights are controlled by relays that are mounted on the PCB inside the TIPM and the relays inside the TIPM are known to fail.

OP
OP
D

DennisDB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How many pictures do you want, or maybe you would like to have coffee?

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Dennis, just an FYI, I found a chaffed through wire for my trailer parking/running lights where the harness wraps around the left front cab mount. Pull the wheel well liner to get a good look.