2015 Power Wagon Front control arm and bushings????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ne1lost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the Thuren lift up front with springs and Thuren spacers in rear to keep stance stock. 37" tires. My bushings are worn on the radius arms and figured there had to be a way to replace just the center bushing.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
rubber bushings can wear and deteriorate over time but not in 3yrs.
most likely yours are damaged because somebody didnt loosen your control arm bolts when dropping the axle and installing the springs. so this whole time your bushings have been in a constant tension. you can tell by the way the rubber is torn.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
all the arm bolts should be loosened. drop the axle to put in springs. then tighten bolts with truck on flat surface at normal ride height so none of the rubber is tensioned. also the service manual recomends a one time use of some arm bolts as they must be tty

ne1lost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The truck on my profile is gone. Sold it during covid when vehicles were gold. Bought a 14 wagon for much less. Lift was already on. Truck has 110k miles and started making noise, saw the bushings were worn. I searched and couldn't find them. Seeing as how dodge is good at putting part numbers on there stuff I took pics to help others out so they don't have to drop a bunch of money in buying the whole arm, they can now just buy the bushings. Most bolts on suspension are TTY.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the bushings have always been available. all but the small intermediate bushing. ive never been able to find that one seperate from the arm. then again maybe i didnt look hard enough.
if your truck was offroaded quit a bit ,10yr seems like a reasonable life span of them bushings and also i still wouldnt be suprised if who ever installed your springs didnt loosen the bolts. leading to a sooner demise of the bushing

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
rubber bushings can wear and deteriorate over time but not in 3yrs.
most likely yours are damaged because somebody didnt loosen your control arm bolts when dropping the axle and installing the springs. so this whole time your bushings have been in a constant tension. you can tell by the way the rubber is torn.
You don't have to loosen the bolts according to Thuren's installation of their 1.5" lift springs.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thought you got a ford and was gone forever ?
sometimes in life not everything is spelled out for you .so good judgement and common sense should be used. theres a number of possible reasons why theres no mention of loosening the arm bolts.
1 maybe it got over looked when the instructions were written
2 couple of the bolts are tty. he cant in good conscience tell people to loosen and reuse them.
3 maybe he doesnt think loosening them is a big deal or simply doesnt care if you loosen them or not

the axle can be dropped without loosening the bolts. make no mistake about it. but adding taller springs will pretention the bushings if the bolts arent loosened. if you dont think its a big deal then dont loosen them. its your call

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
thought you got a ford and was gone forever ?
sometimes in life not everything is spelled out for you .so good judgement and common sense should be used. theres a number of possible reasons why theres no mention of loosening the arm bolts.
1 maybe it got over looked when the instructions were written
2 couple of the bolts are tty. he cant in good conscience tell people to loosen and reuse them.
3 maybe he doesnt think loosening them is a big deal or simply doesnt care if you loosen them or not

the axle can be dropped without loosening the bolts. make no mistake about it. but adding taller springs will pretention the bushings if the bolts arent loosened. if you dont think its a big deal then dont loosen them. its your call
Oh it makes complete sense to me. I'm just suprised that Don wouldn't suggest doing this if he thought it was necessary. Pretty solid company and it's what they specialize in. I wonder if anyone has ever brought it up to him. I know when I rotated my axle down there wasn't any resistance till near the bottom. I never paid any attention during the drop so one would think that seeing they are meant to flex, an inch probably wouldn't make a huge difference. I'll reach out when I get the time and see what he has to say.

Yeah I was gone. Missed my Power Wagon and having a 2500. Hind sight is 20/20.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the axle has to drop down a long ways to get the springs out. i even unbolted the front driveshaft because it really extends the rubber boot alot. no you dont need to unbolt it but i have the tools and it only takes a minute so why not. your truck your call. do what you want

ne1lost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After now having replaced the bushing that no one can find 68205913AA and the large bushing at the frame, one should not do these unless you have a shop press or a xl c frame press. The only way to get the large bushing out is to either grind the flange off the bushing, then press it out or drill out the rubber, then cut across the bushing to relieve the tension. Also looking at how the Thuren kit is, I think the radius arms should have drop brackets. There's just enough adjustment for it to work, but there's also the fact that the axle is rolling back at the same time, which puts more stress on parts. Just my opinion and experience.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Angle grinder with a single cut burr …also you can burn then out but the integrity of the metal might be compromised..
If you have a shop do it you can save yourself the aggravation but it will cost extra in additional labor.

There are tutorials on how to form and mould your own urethane bushings with different mixes creating different durometers of resistance and flex

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
suspenson bushings usually have to be pressed in and out. why attempt it without access to a press

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
suspenson bushings usually have to be pressed in and out. why attempt it without access to a press
I appoligise if you’re attempting to sell services here.
Sometimes even a hydraulic press leaves residual material that needs to be removed .
Some factory components do not offer replacement bushings like control arms ,where they were never meant to be removed they just replace the whole control arm.

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appoligise if you’re attempting to sell services here.
Sometimes even a hydraulic press leaves residual material that needs to be removed .
Some factory components do not offer replacement bushings like control arms ,where they were never meant to be removed they just replace the whole control arm.

no sorry ive not any services to sell. all but the small bushing appear to be sold seperate so im guessing theyre replacable but ill have a look at the service manual to be sure