2015 Ram 5500 Leaking Transmission cooler lines at transmission- How to repair this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone,

On my ram 5500 the short transmission cooler lines coming out of the transmission into what looks like a balancing or equilizing block are leaking. Right where it attaches to the block.

Its clearly visible.

So I call the dealer. Said I have to replace the entire line set all the way to the cooler. Which I can imagine is a big job when I look at the routing of it.

Parts girl says I cannot buy those short lines alone and the set has been backordered for 8 months.....what????

- Is there any way I can fix this without an entire replacement? O-rings?
- Or I find a whole line set can I just use the short lines I need? And is it difficult? I see there are retaining clips up there. Do they just pop out?
- Is there such thing as an aftermarket line set? I couldnt find one online.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Picture of the leak and what trans?
Sounds like you may be talking about the fittings at the thermostat block. That block (which is known to go bad and elevate trans temps) can be replaced for around 100.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I sure would not go to the dealership to have it fixed

a good transmission shop are faster & its likely, that they would make the lines from scratch