2015 Ram Cummins diesel verses Duramax LML

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Robinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 HO cummins diesel
I did a quick search for duramax and didn't come up with much so here I go. I'm not looking for trash talk about the Duramax as it may be a fine motor. That said, we drove a 2015 Silverado LTZ the other day and really like the way it rides. Towing capacity should be fine for the 5th wheel we plan on buying (will be in the 15000+ lb range). My concern is research I've done shows the fuel pump to be a very expensive item of concern. Yes, some may last several hundred thousand miles, but if it doesn't then it's a $10 grand fix. Even converting back to the CP3 unit is not cheap at around $4-5K. Add in some with cracked pistons, even un-modded, and it's not sounding good. Anyone who's owned one or knows folks that own 'em please chime in. The ride is the main selling point for me on this truck. We probably should drive another 3500 for comparison as the one we have driven was a back buster. Any useful input appreciated.